Animas River Disaster

Homepage Forums Group Forums Climate Change Animas River Disaster

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  . 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Spectator

I am deeply saddened by this. It has hit me in the gut like a knife.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/animas-river-toxic-spill-colorado/index.html

I can’t comment further at this time but just to be sad. I am currently studying environmental technologies and sustainability practices with an emphasis in water quality. I KNOW what this means on a deeper level. I understand the water cycle and I understand what this means for all of us. It is…heart breaking. I suppose the fact that I’m working on learning so that I can HELP this sort of thing NOT happen and then to see it happen right in front of our eyes like this…

It’s devastating. I don’t think most people really understand how devastating it is. This is not something we can just “clean up.” This is not something that is going to just go away. The damage is immense.

I don’t know what else to say except that I’m deeply sad about this. I want to do something. If there is anything I CAN do, I will, but the damage is done. It may even affect my friends and family in New Mexico. it’s just devastating.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.