Atheists are angry and bitter because they have divorced from God

Homepage Forums Atheism Atheists are angry and bitter because they have divorced from God

This topic contains 68 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  physeter 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

Form a long queue to cover a comprehensive i get angry cuz…

Fuck the apologists and the horses they ride in on but leave the horses be cuz horses are cool and they don’t believe.

PopeBeanie

I know I probably come off angry […]

No, if I responded sounding as if I felt that way, it was my mistake. Half my reason for being here is to give any theists that come by a chance to see that there’s an alternative to the traditional religious attitudes that were invented by human beings long ago, and imo, after understanding this, it just seems silly to me that anyone should blame a fictional character rather than understand how humans themselves perpetuate the fictions/myths.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jakelafort,

Tell you what.  I’ll get the horseys their own app (I guess it would be called Neighrr?) and they can do their own hook-ups.  🐴🦄

As Oscar Wilde anticipated, humans doing the deed might prove frightful to our equine friends. 🐎    👫👭👬

jakelafort
    Participant

Encogitationer,

Equines can spread the word and the seed utilizing tech. Although it may not have crossed your purview there is as we speak a church of the holy horse hoof. Fillies and mares are not permitted to enter the stables designated as holy places. It may appear incongruent when one considers the great sacred and ineffable Virgin Mare. There is an uprising among the rank and file equines to the patriarchy of Clydesdales. Do you know those gargantuan equines are nasty and domineering? Those unspeakable bastards zealously guard their privileges and immunities. In fact there is no punishment for a Clydesdale who rapes an Appaloosa. I could go on and on describing the oppression of the many by the few. So it will require a great confederation of the others to overthrow the Clydesdales.

The rights of the downtrodden are paid in blood. Twas ever thus.

Jpprater
    Participant

I hear that a lot.

Personally, my response is that any bitterness I could possibly feel about religion and my lack there of is FAR offset by the joy I received when I stopped believing I was in a permanent state of sin, since birth, simply because I’m a human.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jakafort,

That is the sad end result when cheap Budwiser and Animal Crackers are used as Holy Communion.  Just wait until the Second Coming of Mr. Ed and his Prophet Wilbur!  Ol’ Ed will tell them what for and give the Clydesdales their Last Judgement in the Eternal Glue Factory! 😁

Simon Paynton
    Participant

any bitterness I could possibly feel about religion and my lack there of is FAR offset by the joy I received when I stopped believing I was in a permanent state of sin, since birth, simply because I’m a human.

You’re right, it’s religion that people are divorced from and angry and bitter towards, not God, who we see as a fictional character, like Mighty Mouse.

unapologetic
    Participant

I agree that religion seems to bliss people out a lot of the time, so if people don’t have something to bliss them out, they are going to seem miserable in comparison.

So legalize drugs

unapologetic
    Participant

they should easily be able to admit the simple fact that humans invent gods.

Yeah, some gods, but not their god. Their god is real.

Unseen
    Participant

@ Unapologetic

Okay, so you quote someone and your reply end up IN the quote the way you’re doing it. The way you get out of their quote is (a) hit the return key (which you did) but then (b) you click on the ” button, which takes you out of the their quote. In other words…

This is the text from the other person which you are quoting

The way I got out of that was using the ” button.

unapologetic
    Participant

Therefore, there must exist what it takes for the universe to exist.

But we don’t yet know what that is. Anyone who claims they know (the church) are liars

What it takes for the universe to exist cannot exist within the universe or be bounded by space and time.

How do you know?

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@unapologetic – you need to find out how to turn off and on the block quotes.

Unseen
    Participant

@unapologetic – you need to find out how to turn off and on the block quotes.

Actually, I schooled him on that. Look above. Looks like Jake needs some “larnin'” as well.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.

unapologetic
    Participant

Devorice? No, I see it as a liberation from an oppressive despot.
    A divorce is separation from an equal former partner. But god proports to be our master.
    Yes I am angry. I am angry at being conned. continually.
    I was conned about santa, but the truth came out, and people stopped. So I was able to forget and move on.
    Since then, I was able to see through the scam of religion, but people keep insisting, INSISTING, in a god and afterlife.
    I hate Trump for the same reason.
    Trump has a compleat DISREGARD for the truth.
    That is not the same as being a lier. Trump doesn’t give a dam what is true. He only says what he wants you to believe. And calls everyone else liers.
    Much like the church lieing and calling me evil because I don’t believe it’s BS.
    Yes I’m angry. But I remain calm 90% of the time because there are no believers in my life.

And thanks for the schoolin. (but don’t school me about my poor spelling, I’m too old to learn)

The way I got out of that was using the ” button.

Testing

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  unapologetic.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unapologetic,

Thank you for defibrillating this old, idled thread. It gave some fond memories of the thoughtful and witty things we all had to say. I just hope all is well for ToddayYoung, Daniel W., Glen, Tom, and all the irregulars.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Avoiding repetition for the umpteenth time
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Pluralizing
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.