CDC banned from using these words?

Homepage Forums Politics CDC banned from using these words?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mikelansing 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Participant

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/16/health/cdc-banned-words/index.html

I need everyone to read this article…

The CDC is now banned from using these words…

I.could.not.believe.it….

Really?

They can’t say something is “evidence-based” or “scientifically based” but instead must use the term “CDC based”…

Did I read that right???

Can someone please make sure I read that right?

Take a look at the 7 banned words list…

Since when can the White house ban words???

I’m booking a one way flight to Latin America and never coming back.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

What, these words?  “diversity,” “fetus,” “transgender,” “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “science-based” and “evidence-based.”  oh well

Simon Paynton
    Participant

We’re still allowed to say “brainless donkey”, that’s OK

It is now illegal to use the words “ass and elbow”in the same sentence. I know I just did but I don’t care. “Smash the System”!!

Participant

Goddamn auto correct can one of the mods help me it’s CDC. NOT CBC lol

[Done, PB ;)]

Strega

@regthefronkeyfarmer You can get anything you want, at Alice’s Restaurant

PopeBeanie

May as well Farenheit 451 some flags, I say…

Participant

Yeah someone throw that trash over that 15 foot cliff I’m sick of it already lol

@strega, Anything excepting Alice that is and only once you are prepared to walk a half a mile. I sometimes run there.

Daniel W.
    Participant

The words were not banned.  It’s more complicated than that.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/cdc-director-says-there-are-no-banned-words-at-the-agency

There is so much automatic outrage, it’s understandable we beleive anything bad.  But we always need to wear our skeptic hats.

Participant

When I read that article @danielw all I saw was the fact that the words are being shied away from use as to not harm the poor ears of those poor victim Republicans who can’t bear to hear such filth. Banned…discouraged from being used….tomato…tomAAto….What honestly is the difference? Even if it’s been severely exaggerated, the very fact that this kind of shit is in the news is a major red flag…Honestly

mikelansing
    Participant

Thanks, Bellen, for the thread, will be back shortly. There’s more: head of the CDC resigns.

Zweifel
    Participant

There’s more cheery news, courtesy CNN:

CDC to slash global epidemic prevention programs in 39 of 49 countries
    (CNN) The former chief of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the decision to cut 80% of its epidemic prevention activities overseas could pose a grave danger to the United States because it “would significantly increase the chance an epidemic will spread without our knowledge and endanger lives in our country and around the world.”

What could go wrong?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Zweifel.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Zweifel.

mikelansing
    Participant

Yes, Zweifel, that’s the article we were going to retrieve and bring back here to the forum, except that when we first read that Brenda resigned, we were right in the middle of attending to another CDC finding: Haematospirillum infecting a human, because it links to what we have begun and called for the past several weeks, An Aldo Leopold trajectory. tbc

mikelansing
    Participant

The 80% cut in funding was originally from The Wall Street Journal:

CDC to Cut by 80% Efforts to Prevent Global Disease Outbreaks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/01/cdc-to-cut-by-80-percent-efforts-to-prevent-global-disease-outbreak/?utm_term=.a7171602e7d5

An Aldo Leopold trajectory began when coming across this statement:

‘Then another Quarterly Report on Relation of Grazing to Reproduction. I am also planning to study up on grasses and get posted on conditions in the field.’

(Aldo Leopold, 30 Nov 1909)

The Haematospirillum of the CDC links to spirilla organisms that associate with grasses, thus beginning the trajectory. Some species of these spirilla produce the chemistry that kills basal cell carcinoma, one of the world’s most common cancers.

Haematospirillum jordainiae gen. nov. sp. nov was isolated from human blood. This new genus and species was named after “The Candy Lady,” an unsung heroine of the CDC. At the time of the regsignation of Brenda Fitzgerald, we were already one year’s progress in developing a Japanese alphabet (rather than the existing syllabary).

Thus, the first use of this alphabet will be exemplified by translating the pioneering Sprillum work of Yasuke Terasaki, of the Suzugamine Women’s College, Hiroshima.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.