SqueeZing the most juice out of your atheistZone
Expect (over time) some tips to get split or merged with other posts or topics to make them easier for everyone to find and read. All donations appreciated!
* Newbie Notes 1) For any group, CLICK THE “Forum” BUTTON (below) to see topics!!! 2) Use the Favorite button in your favorite topics so I can place the most useful and popular submissions near the top of the list.
Just fyi stuff here that most users won’t find interesting. I do not find them important enough to bother Umar with.
- Clicking the top menu option “Site-wide activity” does not display “updates” (short, user-spontaneous posts); but they DO appear on the AZ Home page.
- Sometimes the only place I can Favorite or Unfavorite a post is via the…
AZ Groups have the potential to be more useful and robust than the legacy TA Groups. A few features in particular, available to AZ Group Admins:
- Admins can add other admins to improve group viability and robustness
- Sticky Topics stay at the top of the topic list
- Edits/Merges – Posts can be kept up to date, and/or moved to a different topic…
PopeBeanie started the topic Adding Photos, Videos, and Other File Links to a Post in the forum Tips 4 years, 10 months ago
The following is in extra long detail for beginners, but once you get the hang of it, it’s only a ten to thirty second task.
PHOTOS & GRAPHICS
- First, know where your photo or graphic file is. Its source can be your device/computer, or from online via a link to Google Drive, OneDrive, Flikr, a file previously uploaded to Atheist Zone, etc.
I’m glad I made both of my names the same then.
If one gets mentioned a lot AND manages to read almost everything new anyway, the e-mails are pointless and can be shut off by clicking on your name in the upper right and going to settings->email. (However, I don’t get any of the other emails I left enabled, either.)
PopeBeanie started the topic Making block quotes and the @ symbol work in your post in the forum Tips 4 years, 10 months ago
How to Create Block Quotes
(like the one you’re reading here in this gray block)
The above grey box holds text in the style of a “block quote”.
To reply to a post and quote from all or some of it:
- Click on the gray QUOTE button to quote the whole post, OR first select the text you want to quote, click on the gray QUOTE button.
- Before you st…
The most comprehensive search available at the moment here on AZ is the Forums Search, which also searches Group Forums.
Google’s search can be more flexible, although its results may not include posts that are less than a day or so old, and something has changed that make it less comprehensive than it used to be.
USING GOOGLE SEARCH: Click…[Read more]
To see what is still available to us at the old ThinkAtheist site, click on one of the general categories listed below.
Members (about 20 thousand)
Discussions (about 6300)
Events (under POPULAR EVENT TYPES, or search)