<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
	xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"
	xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
	xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
	xmlns:slash="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/slash/"
	>

<channel>
	<title>Atheist Zone | BeckyL | Activity</title>
	<link>https://atheistzone.com/members/categorical/activity/</link>
	<atom:link href="https://atheistzone.com/members/categorical/activity/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
	<description>Activity feed for BeckyL.</description>
	<lastBuildDate>Thu, 08 Oct 2026 13:32:51 +0000</lastBuildDate>
	<generator>https://buddypress.org/?v=</generator>
	<language>en-US</language>
	<ttl>30</ttl>
	<sy:updatePeriod>hourly</sy:updatePeriod>
	<sy:updateFrequency>2</sy:updateFrequency>
	
						<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">39ad45a47162abeb5e83a891f15de071</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Our Think Atheist twitter account is being abused in the forum Announcements</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/our-think-atheist-twitter-account-is-being-abused/#post-2043</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 02 Aug 2015 18:45:28 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/our-think-atheist-twitter-account-is-being-abused/#post-1948" rel="nofollow ugc">Unseen wrote:</a><br />
In the meantime, rather than taking people who land on ThinkAtheist.com to the AtheistZone.com homepage, take them to a page explaining that if they came here from Twitter, they should know that we are not associated with the Think Atheist Twitter page and deplore its contents. And of course also have a link to our homepage.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-3540"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/our-think-atheist-twitter-account-is-being-abused/#post-2043" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b8c093055a950b6403fc4ba73bd2202b</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-1473</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 26 Jul 2015 15:41:23 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/steveinco/' rel="nofollow ugc">@steveinco</a> I know.  If it gets that bad, I will have to rethink the situation.  For now, I won&#8217;t throw the proverbial baby out with the bathwater.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">80ff396c11a8e8c719b9245407bc8e6c</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-1465</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:56:28 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/mammonista/' rel="nofollow ugc">@mammonista</a> I get what you&#8217;re saying, and while I have never met a scientologist (not knowingly, anyway) or a voodoo-ist, I have known a number of mormons with whom it is safe to say I am friends.  Their beliefs don&#8217;t bother me in the least as long as they aren&#8217;t foisting them off on me.  Now, would I marry one?  No.  I didn&#8217;t marry a theist&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-2852"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-1465" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9bdfc1fff0dd5507fb4881fd2f71458e</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-1463</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 26 Jul 2015 13:07:07 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/tonidatyga/' rel="nofollow ugc">@tonidatyga</a> Yes. I can well imagine.  🙂</p>
<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/mammonista/' rel="nofollow ugc">@mammonista</a> I applaud you for holding fast to your convictions.  I do believe that the best way to loosen the grip of religion and thereby hasten it&#8217;s extinction is for non-believers to be bold and demonstrate that religion is unnecessary.  The reasons that many of us have for remaining &#8220;in the closet&#8221; are&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-2848"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-1463" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d00ad71bbac4a6320b110424d4123d4f</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Long Story Short in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/long-story-short/#post-949</link>
				<pubDate>Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:38:58 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Hi, Mickey!  I did the New Age thing too &#8211; Shamanic journeying and the like.  I was also involved in energy healing, first as a Christian and later as part of my pagan practices.  I was told that I was particularly gifted as a healer, but I stopped when it was apparent that it wasn&#8217;t doing anything to help my mother with cancer.  (She initially&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1968"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/long-story-short/#post-949" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">d800904fe840bb96a83413b1d8c31ed0</guid>
				<title>BeckyL joined the group TA Oldies but Goodies</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1804/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:31:11 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">6b081570246a211a85c29a62b64f6476</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-883</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 22:30:33 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/drbob/' rel="nofollow ugc">@DrBob</a> &#8211; I think it has something to do with the misconception that atheists are amoral or &#8220;just want to sin.&#8221;  After all, I work in a helping profession that is often compared to &#8220;angels of mercy&#8221; and so forth.  But, I don&#8217;t think I would be fired for those reasons, at least not ostensibly.  I should hope they are conscious enough of the EEOC to&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1803"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-883" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">dd6543947998f9df0db3595b3a229a9e</guid>
				<title>BeckyL posted a new activity comment</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1700/#acomment-1727</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 19:25:56 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I&#8217;m glad to help shed light on the self-delusion necessary to faith.  The No True Scotsman fallacy doesn&#8217;t apply with me because I genuinely believed.  I believe it met some emotional and developmental needs I had at the time and I simply outgrew it.  My mother always believed religion was a crutch, and I think that is true for many people.</p>
				<strong>In reply to</strong> -
				<a href="https://atheistzone.com/members/popebeanie/" rel="nofollow ugc">PopeBeanie</a> posted an update <a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/categorical/' rel="nofollow ugc">@categorical</a> Hi @BeckyL, I&#8217;m especially curious about why people so completely and willingly succumb to religion, and I see that you have some &#8220;comprehensive&#8221; experience! I hope you can [&hellip;]			]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">03fec4017ba1f6f756613702ed25dabb</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/page/2/#post-868</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 19:21:19 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/simonm/' rel="nofollow ugc">@simonm</a> Me too.  I live in a &#8220;Bible Belt&#8221; part of the country, so it&#8217;s sad but not surprising.</p>
<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/popebeanie/' rel="nofollow ugc">@PopeBeanie</a> I didn&#8217;t know we could link to the old profile.  And, yes.  I do have comprehensive knowledge of the self-delusion necessary to faith.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7ef57f4330e93a738647f96528facf7d</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic The outing game in the forum To Do or not To Do</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/groups/to-do-or-not-to-do/forum/topic/the-outing-game/#post-863</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:23:59 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I agree.  Once you take a public position that makes a moral judgment, your morals become open to scrutiny.  I also agree that when the person making those moral judgments is heterosexual, infidelity is free game.  I look forward to the day when one&#8217;s sexuality is a non-issue, but until then, people in glass houses shouldn&#8217;t throw stones.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">2715a02043406733cd97230c26debc2d</guid>
				<title>BeckyL joined the group To Do or not To Do</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1664/</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:05:31 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1ed06ae69ced769fdebc777b43c5eab7</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-862</link>
				<pubDate>Sat, 18 Jul 2015 17:04:50 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-857" rel="nofollow ugc">Paul wrote:</a>I’d be afraid for my life if I was openly atheist in rural Texas. Those people are horrible.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>I&#8217;m not particularly open about it.  If anyone asks, I usually deflect.  People really aren&#8217;t all that interested in hearing about other people, so I ask them about themselves.  I am keenly aware that it is something I could lose my job over.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">b43bac7742286374ea8a88a4cd0ac69c</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-839</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:25:48 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/strega/' rel="nofollow ugc">@Strega</a> and @Simon Thanks!</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">f74fbcacdd41c0865eaf113c1a7001c5</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Is there any correlation between Atheism and gender? in the forum Atheism</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-838</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 18:23:38 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-834" rel="nofollow ugc">Unseen wrote:</a>Women who shoulder their way through life and step on others <em>are</em> thought of as bitches. Men who do so aren’t off the hook, though. They are thought of as bastards. </p>
</blockquote>
<p>Maybe.  I don&#8217;t think they are vilified in the same way though.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">7d756bf1cc429d26eb57950ed1b93aef</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Is there any correlation between Atheism and gender? in the forum Atheism</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-833</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 17:32:04 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-829" rel="nofollow ugc">Unseen wrote:</a></p>
<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-826" rel="nofollow ugc">BeckyL wrote:</a><br />
<a href="http://atheistzone.com/members/unseen/" rel="nofollow ugc"></a><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/unseen/' rel="nofollow ugc">@Unseen</a> – I wonder if maybe women seem more susceptible to “woo” because at least the woo-ish people listen to them. Maybe women are into science-y things too, but maybe science-y guys aren’t giving them a chance.
</p></blockquote>
<p>But most of the woo-ish listeners are likely to be female as well. </p>
<p>Males live in a culture where you mak&hellip;</p></blockquote>
<p><span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1597"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-833" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">c4ed7f3a17b18a061d0e6562c7b1b04c</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Is there any correlation between Atheism and gender? in the forum Atheism</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-826</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:37:46 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I was raised in a traditional patriarchal family where my thoughts on many subjects were treated with condescension at best and mocked at worst.  (For example, I asked for an erector set for Christmas one year and got a doll instead because erector sets are for boys.  My parents thought it was cute that I asked for the erector set but were sure I&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1591"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/is-there-any-correlation-between-atheism-and-gender/#post-826" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">9f7af05163210b6ba6dcdf1c7ad6da0c</guid>
				<title>BeckyL joined the group Sunday School</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1585/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 16:16:19 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">8ddcd1412249f67c879b9d579516b7c4</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-822</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:59:48 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/erock68la/' rel="nofollow ugc">@erock68la</a> Thanks! 🙂</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">58e2b73d2a2a6061e7ff988e2b386adf</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-821</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:58:04 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p><a href='http://atheistzone.com/members/drbob/' rel="nofollow ugc">@DrBob</a> Hello!  I did some lurking for a while over at TA and always appreciated reading your contributions to the fora.  It&#8217;s good to &#8220;meet&#8221; you.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">5f25d814c05ba41edf5991b55d41d0de</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-819</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:50:10 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<blockquote><p><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-813" rel="nofollow ugc">SteveInCO wrote:</a></p>
<p>As for religions… they love bomb you until and unless it becomes clear you aren’t, in fact, going to be assimilated.  I guess that’s slightly better than the Borg method, but not much.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>It is a bit like the Borg method, but even more like jr high.  There are all sorts of cliques and political maneuvers happening just under the s&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1580"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/#post-819" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">1d86a0a412ffd2d2ed5b9c4e24690d73</guid>
				<title>BeckyL and SteveInCO are now friends</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1575/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 15:10:08 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3cb2064918ab7181e91c68d1b46d83ac</guid>
				<title>BeckyL started the topic So, I am atheist. in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 13:41:18 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>In the interest of brevity, I&#8217;ll just dive in.  I&#8217;m an emergency nurse from a semi-rural part of Texas.  I was raised a Catholic but never bought into it.  On the very first day of catechism, the nun teaching our class told us that snakes used to have legs, walked upright, and talked.  She lost me right there.  It sounded like bullshit to my young&hellip;<span class="activity-read-more" id="activity-read-more-1568"><a href="http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/so-i-am-atheist/" rel="nofollow ugc">[Read more]</a></span></p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">538103319455df7c1a4179b88fbcfffe</guid>
				<title>BeckyL replied to the topic Nothing much to say in the forum Introductions</title>
				<link>http://atheistzone.com/forums/topic/nothing-much-to-say/#post-804</link>
				<pubDate>Fri, 17 Jul 2015 12:15:31 +0000</pubDate>

									<content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Wow.  Who knew that one could find God, talk with Him, and perhaps even build a personal relationship with Him on an atheist website???  You do indeed move in mysterious ways.</p>
]]></content:encoded>
				
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">3987bfa1c08498fb0bfa190bb28beafd</guid>
				<title>BeckyL changed their profile picture</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1407/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 15 Jul 2015 04:40:50 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
					<item>
				<guid isPermaLink="false">28b30c88c57be3cafa3074cae495d2e6</guid>
				<title>BeckyL became a registered member</title>
				<link>https://atheistzone.com/activity/p/1405/</link>
				<pubDate>Wed, 15 Jul 2015 04:38:16 +0000</pubDate>

				
									<slash:comments>0</slash:comments>
				
							</item>
		
	</channel>
</rss>