Ask the members for advice on dealing with family, friends, and relationships.
- 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Stop in and introduce yourself! Don’t be shy! (Introductions and their replies only please.)
- 7 months, 4 weeks ago
Simple: if it’s science, and it doesn’t fit in one of the other discipline specific sections, it goes here.
- 16 hours, 25 minutes ago
- 5-7-5For any and all devotees of the haiku.
- All Things 420A place to talk about weed, for the heathens who like to blaze it...
- Atheism and SpiritualityStruggling with the need for some kind of spiritual practice of some kind. Looking for insight.
- Atheist CatsDo you love, appreciate, or even admire what may be the most widespread and efficient predator on earth? Then, by all means, join.
- Atheist Gamers UniteA place to discuss different games on different platforms. What do you like? Any cool recommendations for us? R? Gogo!
- Atheist HumorAny humorous pics,jokes, stories, videos, etc. that might bring a smile or chuckle to a members day.
- Atheist MeetingIf you want to meet an atheist in person, you can join to group.
- Atheist ParentingA place to talk about parenting and family related topics.
- Atheist Poets and WritersA place for writers of all genres to collaborate and share work.
- Atheist RetailersA group for sellers, dealers, and resellers.
- Atheist ZoneDedicated group to provide feedback and suggestions related to new site atheistzone.com.
- Atheists who LOVE the UFC!A place for Atheists to discuss current, future, and past UFC events and anything related to MMA in general.
- Bookish atheistsA group for all those who love books. Book reviews, current reads and more.
- Climate ChangeThis group is meant to educate and inspire people from all walks of life to become educated, informed, and engaged on topics that relate to the well-being of humanity, and ultimately the survival of our planet.
- ConsciousnessHow do we (atheists) define it? How do philosophers define it? How do scientists define it? How do theologians define it? How do others, and history and myth define it? How do YOU, personally define it?
- Escape The Ant FarmConsider moving to Lancaster, CA! Part of the Los Angeles County area, it is small enough to sway yet large enough to have a substantial impact in the national arena. I am soliciting newcomers to the community in an effort to create a voting block and elect at least half secular minded people to the city council and county boards. Some great atheist figures and leaders already live in the area known as "The Bible Belt of CA" so you will be joining some already active and notable members of the community if you decide to relocate here. Be prepared for some fun and some fix'in. ( "FB/EscapeTheAntFarm "is one of mine...)
- Gay Atheist.Any and all discussions of daily topics effecting gay persons all over the world.
- Godless BicyclingDiscussions of cycling, bicycles, advocacy and related issues.
- HellionGroup dedicated to those that play Hellion. Hellion for those that don't know, is a space game with full Newtonian physics played in real time. Hopefully we can get a team going on a server.
- HistoryYou can post anything about history.
- HumanismA world view, an ideology, an approach to life...for mostly atheists...
- IN ATHEIST WE TRUSTThis is a group for all Atheist. Away from all of the Theist. Come and enjoy.
- Indian AtheistsA group for Indian atheist for the reason of uniting them for science and progress in Indian society.
- La ZonaEste grupo tiene la meta de juntar personas que se identifiquen como Ateos e Hispanos….También si Ud. quiere practicar el idioma Española, este grupo no es exclusivo sino inclusivo para todos que les gusta hablar Español.
- Lobbying – It's SO easy!A place to discuss activism efforts and lobbying events, both personally and current events in the media. Here's a place to put your passion and beliefs into action!
- Men of Atheist ZoneA place for Atheist / Agnostic / Freethinking / Secular Men to collaborate and discuss Men’s issues openly and unashamedly. Women are welcome too if you bow down and kiss our feet. 🙂
- Music LoversA place to discuss your favorite song(s) or share written songs or just share songs that you discovered via YouTube. Share and Hear.
- NEWS NEWS NEWS!! Current Events and Favorite News SourcesFor junkies and advocates of credible/reputable daily, weekly, even yearly news sources. Add your links to the best REAL NEWS sources, and (please) add examples of the best articles you see in the daily, weekly, longer period, and investigative (especially evidence-based) stories.
- No commentNo comments no discussion. Let the videos speak for themselves.
- Notable AtheistsNotable atheists, from all walks of life
- Podcasts, RSS Resources, and PlaylistsJust simple for starters, for contributors and people with questions. I dream we'll become a place to curate lists of podcasts and other RSS resources outside of AZ, like fun and interesting blogs, and credible news sources. This may become a rather structured and curated group, meaning that contributions may be editable by one or more group admins, moved to a category or merged with another topic, and/or tagged by a group admin... all for the purpose of making it easier for other readers to find something they might be looking for.
- PoliticsPolitics and religion, politics and delusion, politics and skewed ideologies and simple plane politics.
- PTSD Support and RecoveryA place to discuss the real issues of PTSD and related trauma, and to provide advocacy and support for one another in an environment that is free from religious condemnation or judgment.
- Race, Ethnicity, and CultureRace is one of the most important aspects of our time. What is race? Is there an answer in science? Culture? Is race the same as ethnicity? Is it like an optical illusion, where "race" depends on who is looking? How we respond to concepts of race may be more a feature of one's own temperament and mindset, than about actual science, or history. Race and tribalism are factors in religion, and politics, and war, as well as in friendship, love, and exploration of what it means to be human. This group was created to talk about race, and the related concepts of ethnicity and culture, in order to foster a better understanding from nonreligious, rational, science and history based points of view.
- Science — the kind that requires evidence and reason.The Zone has to have a science group. What else protects us from religion?
- Single's ZoneThis group designed for single atheists, to provide a sense of community and a space to discuss topics related to being a single man or woman, and how to navigate that life without religion or the support of a church community. It is a place to discuss various aspects of the single life. It is a place for us to be there for each other.
- Star Trek OnlineFor Atheists that like to play STO. This will also be the place for Atheist Zone Fleet to meet.
- Sunday SchoolA week fix of Atheist related news and information from around the world.
- Survivors – A group for everyoneThis group is for anyone who has ever been through a difficult time, and come out as a Survivor. The road to healing is a long one. It takes time, perseverance, and reflective insight. Religion clouds our ability to see the truth about our circumstances and ourselves. For some people who have left their religion behind, it can be hard to find a safe place to talk about different things they need help with. Or it can be lonely if you have no one to celebrate your breakthroughs and victories with. It's also difficult to come by sound resources that can actually help. If the world around you encourages you to turn to a deity for comfort, it can be frustrating when you're truly needing science and FACT based answers. For many people who have experienced any kind of trauma, or past suffering, it can be normal to turn to maladaptive behaviors such as addictions, or other self-medicating methods that can lead to destruction. Without knowledge of what to do INSTEAD, the road to recovery is even harder. There is another group on Atheist Zone titled PTSD Support and Recovery. That group is for people who have the diagnosis, and are living with it. But most people don't have that and still may have residual difficulties or questions. Some may have unresolved feelings, addictions, feelings of loss, grief, despair, fears....Many of these things can be conveniently lumped into a catch all phrase as the "human condition" so what would be the big deal? I believe it is a big deal. I believe that if people don't address what ails them head on it can cause a dampening of the joy and beauty that life has to offer. Life truly is beautiful. We can all thrive in its beauty if only we can break the chains that confine our minds and keep us as a self-perpetuating hostage. It's time to break free. We CAN live healthy, vibrant lives without a band-aid god figure to cover up the pain. It is in this group that we will discuss how. This group really is for everyone, because who doesn't identify - even a little bit - with what I'm saying? If you don't - lucky you. Otherwise, there is the rest of us....
- TA Oldies but GoodiesPlease add "best of TA" links here. (Umar, I trust you'll let me/us know if these links are somehow inappropriate, or burdonsome. I.e., this group is subject to deletion, for the good of this here new atheistZone.)
- Tattoo ZoneA place for tattooed Atheists to show off your ink!
- The Chronology IssueThe consensual world history based on the wrong chronology is inconsistent. Chronology of civilization based only on irrefutable documents and artifacts is reduced to 1000 years and implies the revision of History. The consensual world history is a finely-woven magic fabric of intricate lies about events predating the sixteenth century. There is not a single piece of evidence that can be irrefutably and independently dated earlier than the eleventh century. Radiocarbon and dendrochronological dating are manipulated by the mainstream historians. The Antiquity and subsequent Dark Ages fables were created by the concerted effort of the aristocracy, clergy, and humanists in XV-XVII centuries. The Chronology is to return to the realm of applied mathematics from the clergy that sequestrated it in the XVI-XVII centuries. The British Encyclopaedia names Joseph Justus Scaliger (1540-1609) as the founder of the consensual chronology we live with. Protestant Kabbalist-numerologist Scaliger had considered himself a great mathematician that solved the ‘Quadrature of Circle’ problem by making π=3.16 (sic!). This ‘discovery’ was laughed at by the French mathematician François Viete, considered to be the father of algebra. Scaliger's principal treaties Opus Novum de emendatione temporum (1583) and Thesaurum temporum (1606) represent a vast array of dates produced without any justification whatsoever, containing the repeating sequences of dates with shifts equal to multiples of the major Kabbalistic numbers 333 and 360. Numerology was considered a major science then and J.J.Scaliger was a prominent Kabbalist of his time. The English philosopher William Ockham (allegedly 1225-1279 AD) said: “entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity”. `Ockham’s razor` applied to history leaves us with a vision of humankind where civilization comes into being in the VIII- X centuries at the earliest. Neither Protestant J.J.Scaliger nor his follower Jesuit D.Petavius, clergy or humanists have paid much attention to Ockham’s law when they crafted Roman and Greek Antiquity. Their clients were condottieri upstarts who were seeking legitimacy in days of yore and became Popes, Cardinals, formed regal dynasties such as the Medici. They paid exceedingly well for a glorious but fictitious past. Thorough research shows that there is literally no reliably datable information about events before the VIII century and that there is only very scarce information originating from the VIII th to the X th century. As a matter of fact, most events of “Ancient” History took place from the XI to the XVI century, were replicated on paper in 1400-1600 AD, and positioned under different labels in an imaginary past.
- The rise and rise of Islam in the UK and EuropePolitically rational
- TipsSqueezing the most juice out of your Zone
- To Do or not To DoDedicated to approaches to ethics/morality in a secular/atheist environment as well as difficult moral problems in general.
- Trump and CompanyThis group concerns itself with following and attempting to understand and explain the bizzarro world of American politics, especially in this, the year before a presidential election in the U.S.A.
- Twitter atheistsFor the atheists who are on twitter.
- What We Don't Talk About Is How We Are ControlledA mentor while I was doing environmental politicss told me that and in about a year I saw its truth. How does it work? What I don't talk about with other people remains fuzzy and unclear in my mind. and I find it difficult to put into words. Depending on the kind of people I connect with. sooner or later a demagogue will find me and take advantage of my hesitations.
- Women of Atheist ZoneA place for Atheist / Agnostic / Freethinking / Secular women to collaborate and discuss women's issues openly and unashamedly. Men are welcome too if you bow down and kiss our feet 😉
- Work it out! For those who LOVE to…A place for Atheists who love to exercise...or are looking for support in getting started in living a healthier lifestyle. Let's add some years to this one precious life shall we?
- 3 days, 7 hours ago