Do you think we are in for a 2nd Wave?

Homepage Forums Science Do you think we are in for a 2nd Wave?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

Lessons from the swine flu seem to have been forgotten…sobering.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Yes, second wave, but the US hasn’t flattened the first one, & won’t with opening waaaaaay too soon….endangering everyone on the damn continent!

Davis
    Participant

We are entering week 8 of strict lockdown conditions in Spain. Two days ago started a “one hour of exercise” during narrow windows of time. Police have heavily fined people for minor infractions. Day one of exercise…the streets were crowded and people weren’t really respecting social distancing that much. It was clear friends met up and went for walks together. Police gave out a LOT of 500€ fines. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we’ll be back to strict lock-down soon with a second wave.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Davis.

_Robert_
    Participant

We are entering week 8 of strict lockdown conditions in Spain. Two days ago started a “one hour of exercise” during narrow windows of time. Police have heavily fined people for minor infractions. Day one of exercise…the streets were crowded and people weren’t really respecting social distancing that much. It was clear friends met up and went for walks together. Police gave out a LOT of 500€ fines. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we’ll be back to strict lock-down soon with a second wave.

The US has people wearing KKK masks and carrying rifles to protest stay-at-home. I always want to think these are fringe elements of our population, but sometimes I am not so sure. A lot of these people are older baby boomers who should vaguely remember personal devastation that  small pox and polio had on their parents and grand parents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.