mystery religions

Homepage Forums Theism mystery religions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

_Robert_
    Participant

Finally, secular archaeologists can examine the evidence without the fear of retribution.  Perhaps the real origins of Christianity will be uncovered and be exposed as just another fraud.

PopeBeanie

Thank you for that, I had to favorite this topic. Awesome summary of how myths can evolve in culture from sun worshiping (esp. during culture-wide agricultural and language development) and then into humanized dieties, and finally into one human-like deity (monotheism).

Until now I’d been over-thinking about possible neuro-based, unconsciously influenced causes of superstitious and supernatural beliefs. Cultures evolved toward the the most contagious memes, corrupting culture further with the most aggressively enforced, top-down (e.g. patriarchal) decrees… especially after the winner in a war took over the institutions.

_Robert_
    Participant

Excerpt from The Thunder, Perfect Mind…..
    This mysterious poem, discovered among the gnostic manuscripts at Nag Hammadi, is narrated by a female divine revealer. No wonder it didn’t make the bible…lol

Do not be ignorant of me.
    For I am the first and the last.
    I am the honored one and the scorned one.
    I am the whore and the holy one.
    I am the wife and the virgin.
    I am <the mother> and the daughter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.