Polyamous Genetic Defect

Homepage Forums Theism Polyamous Genetic Defect

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JadeBlackOlive 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Dang Martin
    Participant

They’re going to need to pray harder about it. Ironically, it is science that appears to be keeping them alive.

I hate to sound cold about it. However, there is no convincing people like this. They have their beliefs and folklore about what is causing this. I think the most humane thing to do is to let them die out.

It’s most tragic, and I do feel badly for the children. They didn’t ask for this.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

No they didn’t, but its the thing about having a baby every year too. My mormon mother miscarried 9 after I was born, but they are supposed to have large families.

Glad I was never a believer that I can recall, & had doubts even before I learned to read, although didn’t recognize what doubt was yet.

No way I was going to have litters of kids either!

Dang Martin
    Participant

One of my cousins married a man who had this religious belief that drove their constant breeding. I think he was Mormon, but I’m not really sure. I was too young to remember that detail.

What I do remember is that they moved to Germany, after having written off our family for protesting his practice of keeping my cousin perpetually pregnant. They had 17 children, ages 14 and lower. They were driving home from having the 17th baby on the Autobahn, when they hit ice and crashed with a semi truck. The truck driver’s wife was killed, my cousin was killed, and the baby had some minor injuries.

So there he was, with no wife and 17 children.

At her funeral, he asked people for help with the children. I vaguely remember this, because my aunt was yelling at him about how he was abusing my cousin’s body by turning it into a “perpetual baby factory.” She said that she’d never forgive him for that abuse, and to not ask for help again.

That was the last that we saw of him. I never got to meet any of my cousin’s children, so I didn’t feel any big loss in that regard.

This was my dad’s side of the family. They never seemed particularly religious, although they seemed to be accepting of most standard Christian faiths. But this situation was clearly abuse, so far as they were concerned. I agree whole-heartedly. Plus, it certainly can’t be healthy for anyone.

One of the atheist organisations that I am involved with has an ex-Mormon whom I occasionally work with. I once asked him how his parents (back in the States) reacted when he told them he was an atheist. He said “It was cool. Mormon parents love their kids to bits, just like most parent do”.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

There was no love in my childhood home. Cold & indifferent is what I knew, even though I ended up being the only one who wasn’t miscarried.

Yes, I don’t think they realize what can happen should one parent die with having so many kids. Women are not baby factories, & no its not healthy to be pregnant that many times in one’s life. Morons & catholics as well as many others don’t ever seem to clue in.

A fun sex life should not have to result in babies every 10 months!

Dang Martin
    Participant

A fun sex life should not have to result in babies every 10 months!

Most religious organizations like to promote the idea that sex is for procreation only. However, it helps to bring a couple closer together, it aides in the relief of stress, it leads to greater physical health, and so on. The physical, psychological, and social impact of sex cannot be dismissed.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dang Martin.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

We’ve just had our 51st anniversary, & you don’t hear that too often these days.

We had 3 kids…..each one planned by us, & nobody else, grandparents, friends, or religions.

When I was 15, visiting my grandparents in a moron town, they introduced me to a girl of about my age to make friends with. Her mother had just had baby number 17, & I made a vow right then & there that there was no way in hell I was going to produce babies like that!

We didn’t become friends either……she was very mormon, & I was well on my way out of it.

Strega

Happy Anniversary!!!🍾

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Thank you, Strega.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.