Science As A Personal Journey

Homepage Forums Science Science As A Personal Journey

This topic contains 34 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom sarbeck 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

tom sarbeck
    Participant

Whence anthropo, PB?

Read both parts of what Hubble said and you’ll know which part the a-centrists chose.

Track record? Don’t evaluate one until you know it.

tom sarbeck
    Participant

Jake, _Robert_ doubts that a competing theory is being suppressed by the “scientific religious” and says an example would be denial from publication of a sound research paper.

Here’s something from Hannes Alfven:

“I have no trouble publishing in Soviet astrophysical journals, but my work is unacceptable to the American astrophysical journals.”
    — Hannes Alfven

Search on “Stalin, the big bang and quantum physics” and you will find an explanation for the ability of the former Soviet Union and of the present Russia to occasionally embarrass the US of A. The article’s final line, on nuclear deterrence, is a hoot. I have it on another computer and in a day or so might be able to copy it here.

_Robert_
    Participant

Hannes Alfven was a great scientist, no doubt about that.  It’s never gonna be easy to overcome the status quo unless you hit an obvious home run. I do agree that the big bang is prematurely and flippantly being treated as a fact.

PopeBeanie

Read both parts of what Hubble said and you’ll know which part the a-centrists chose.

No, still don’t understand. I dug a little more but no cigar. No references to Hubble in the article you linked to, either.

Btw, you skipped my most interesting question about what EU research you might favor.

tom sarbeck
    Participant

PB, as this discussion’s opening post says, science is a personal journey. What works for me won’t work for you. Are you certain you want to start the journey?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.