Should AG Garland prosecute Trump…or not?

Homepage Forums Politics Should AG Garland prosecute Trump…or not?

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Belle Rose
    Participant

@unseen our democracy is already over. It’s been over. We are no longer the country we once were and never will be again. I have been saying it since Trump was nominee. The only solution that I see honestly is to get the hell out of this country. Back away slowly and never come back. I prefer to be elsewhere. The only complication that has stopped me is having a kid that is school-age. Moving out of the country would not be in the best interest for his sake. But as soon as I am able trust me… I am out of here! Lol

Unseen
    Participant

Moving out of the country would not be in the best interest for his sake. But as soon as I am able trust me… I am out of here! Lol

I think the U.S. public educational system is ineffectual at teaching and socially toxic, doing more harm than good. He’ll get a better education in Europe and a college education will be much cheaper if not totally free.

Unseen
    Participant

If Trump runs again, as it seems he’s about to announce, he’ll be in a much better position to become President for Life, starting with having a much more cooperative running mate. But, you say, The Supreme Court would never allow that. Two points:

1) The Supreme Court could be ignored under what he could justify as “temporary state of emergency” that turns out to be not so temporary. The court could be cleared out through impeachments and maybe even fatal “accidents,” the justices to be replaced with rabid Trumpists.

2) The Supreme Court has no enforcement capacity. In the American system, virtually all enforcement is left to the Executive Branch, with the President at the top and with his appointees in charge of the enforcement agencies.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.