SO Awesome:)

Homepage Forums Science SO Awesome:)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ivy 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

I am a huge fan of Albert Lin. He now has a series on Disney+ called the Buried secrets of the Bible. I am in Quarantine heaven LOL… Wondering if anybody else has watched it.

As good as the PBS one that Evangelicals did not like too much?

Ivy
    Participant

Didn’t see that one but anything Albert Lin does is amazing.

Ivy
    Participant

Right now first episode he’s talking about the book of Exodus.

Ivy
    Participant

The parting of the Red Sea explained by science 🙂

michael17
    Participant

This is a very contentious topic. No one knows exactly where the crossing took place. There is archeological evidence of at least an Egyptian chariot and sword found in a deep part of  the Red Sea. But how it got there, who knows.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

This is a very contentious topic. No one knows exactly where the crossing took place. There is archeological evidence of at least a Egyptian chariot and sword found in a deep part of  the Red Sea. But how it got there, who knows.

The parting of the Red Sea explained by science….

I have not seen this yet but did he mention the possibility that it was a wind that blew across the “Reed Sea”?

(Reed,  not Red).

Also –

The sources for the “archaeological evidence” are dubious. They imply nothing. Just in case it is also mentioned.

Ivy
    Participant

Yes and he talked to an atmospheric scientist that explained how it exactly would have been plausible but then also about a volcano…anyway it’s totally worth watching. What I love about Albert Lin is he uses all kinds of amazing technology to learn new things about archaeology and uncover new discoveries. His series of The Treasures of the Maya was absolutely spectacular!!! I’ve watched everything of his I can get my hands on.

Ivy
    Participant

@michael with 21st century technology he figured it out 🙂

Ivy
    Participant

I’m telling you….if you don’t have Disney+ it’s worth the subscription just to watch his stuff 😂 yeah I’m a huge Albert Lin fan for life.

Ivy
    Participant

The next episode is about Sodom and Gomorrah…

Ivy
    Participant

And btw Reg it’s shown evidence why it’s the “Reed” sea and not the “Red” sea.

And btw Reg it’s shown evidence why it’s the “Reed” sea and not the “Red” sea.

I am not saying it is the”Reed Sea”. I asked if it was mentioned as a possibility. I was told about it by some Jewish scholars from Harvard in the past, on another site.  More info. They read the OLD Testament in Hebrew. (Yes, I am appealing to authority!)

BTW, I do agree that Albert Lin is a very interesting and well traveled character.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.