Sunday School September 6th 2026

Homepage › Forums › Sunday School September 6th 2026

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #61614

    After complaints about religious greetings at an Air Force base, Hegseth called the Military Religious Freedom Foundation a “radical anti-Christian, pro-atheist group”. But the fact that most complainants were themselves Christians rather ruins his ‘atheists vs Christians’ framing.

    Hindu man threatens to kill an atheist because imaginary Ganesh needs noise pollution.

    Schools in Kentucky and Tennessee have been legally told to stop ignoring the Constitution. Secularism isn’t anti-religion. A Christian child shouldn’t have an atheist chemistry teacher spending lesson time explaining why Christianity is false either.

    A foreign nation is still in charge of the publicly funded Irish school system.

    A state empowered to determine permissible theology possesses exactly the machinery required to punish apostasy and unbelief. Once the state decides that it can adjudicate who counts as a legitimate believer, disbelief is hardly likely to fare better.

    The state should neither practice your religion nor prevent you practicing it merely because you work for the state.

    Christian missionaries were not kicked out of Burning Man for preaching the Gospel.

    World of Woo: Epigenetics is powerful, but it is also very easy to over-interpret.

    Environment:  The United Nations has acknowledged that Earth has lost its chance to prevent some of the worst of global warming harms.

    The Ig Nobels remain one of science’s best institutions because the joke is rarely the whole point.

    Life began when chemistry became Darwinian?

    I said I was done with MAHA but this is bad as America doesn’t merely get worse public health, it also loses scientific leadership.

    Genetically modified pig kidney keeps man alive for record nine months.

    Can someone possibly see the edge of spacetime?

    Yes, “the universe as a whole can be regarded as timeless” but No to “Time is real, and time does have a direction.”

    The Appeal of the Irrational.

    Science uncovers how the brain interprets artistic beauty.

    Sunday Book Club: All the Feels

    Some photographs taken last week.

    While you are waiting for the kettle to boil.

    Coffee Break Videos: Christian minister is unaware of what the Bible says. Debunking Creationists Speech at NaNoCon 2026.

    #61616

    Have a  great week!

    Human beings aren’t fallen creatures awaiting rescue. They’re unfinished creatures capable of improvement. No gods required. Just some better engineering.

    #61617

    @ Strega – She was fine with not knowing because, with Pink Floyd blasting, she could think about it.

    #61618
    jakelafort
    Participant

    Have a great week!

    Human beings aren’t fallen creatures awaiting rescue. They’re unfinished creatures capable of improvement. No gods required. Just some better engineering.

    To that end you citizens of this magnificent state are being asked to visit your local Office of Indoctrination to have the required adjustments implemented. It is painless and you will emerge ready to tackle the future.

    #61620
    TheEncogitationer
    Participant

    Reg and Strega:

    @ Strega – She was fine with not knowing because with Pink Floyd blasting, she could think about it.

    I, for one, like Richard Dawkins, am never content with not knowing. The only thing that gets me to sleep some nights is knowing that there are infinite combinations of 8 musical notes given enough time, plus the fact that Syd Barrett and Roger Waters don’t determine my sanity. 🧱😱

    #61624
    Strega
    Moderator

    Yikes sorry Reg!  Thank you :). I’ve been working all weekend and literally lost track of what day it is. Or isn’t.

    #61626

    When I put ‘September’ in the title of the post I had to double check. I always remember August lasting a month but apparently it did not this year…… 🙂

    My latest sign of growing old is when my cellphone notifies me that my “face is not recognized” and I find myself in agreement with it 🙂

    #61627

    Syd Barrett and Roger Waters don’t determine my sanity.

    I’ve been mad for fucking years, absolutely years
    Been over the edge for yonks
    Been working with bands so long, I think crikey
    I’ve always been mad
    I know I’ve been mad like the most of us have
    Very hard to explain why you’re mad
    Even if you’re not mad………

    Don’t let Waylon Jennings and his both kinds of music get to you either 🙂

    #61628
    TheEncogitationer
    Participant

    Reg:

    When I was a child and spake as a child, I thought Waylon Jennings was what The Devil looked like.

    Now that I have given up foolish things, I just think Waylon is what The Devil would look like if such a Supernatural Being existed.

    See the MST3K video on some things that will never be relational. 🤠🎼🪕🎻😭

    #61629
    TheEncogitationer
    Participant

    Fellow Unbelievers:

    He’s very good at identifying the problems of Roman and Medieval life back then as well as urban life in the U.S. and the West today…yet he falls so short on the causes:

    Victor Davis Hanson: The Left Is Dragging America Back to the Dark Ages
    Victor Davis Hanson
    September 3, 2026
    https://www.dailysignal.com/2026/09/03/hanson-the-left-dark-ages/

    The only difference between squalor back then and squalor now is the invisible lodetone worshipped and the incantations said to distract from the misery.

    The Romans prayed and sacrificed to multiple Gods and Caesars whom they thought were Gods.

    The Midieval Europeans prayed and sacrificed to a Three-In-One God and Royalty whom they thought ruled by Divine Right or Divine Blessing.

    Today, we worship the invisible “Common Good” as determined by Academia, Online Influencers, City Aldermen, City Planners, politicians at every level of government, and tribes of Woke vs. Based, Tankie vs. Trads, or just bayings at the Moon from crazy street people.

    But Atheism and Agnosticism? Where does he get that?

    Notably, Victor is way too deferential to Trump for a man so well-read. Sad. The parallels of the Orange Man to Emperors Elagabalus, Nero, and Caligula are just too great.

    #61631

    Update on our Cosmic Dawn.

    #61633
    TheEncogitationer
    Participant

    Reg:

    Fascinating new findings from JWST! Also, the first time I ever seen an acronym embedded in another acronym.

    #61701
    TheEncogitationer
    Participant

    Reg:

    Debunking Creationists Speech at NaNoCon 202mouths6.

    Forrest Valkai forgot a few things: In his beginning statement, “One of these is not like the others. One of these things does not belong.”

    If you don’t like police state powers and if you think Trans people have human rights, then A “Free Palestine” under the Hamas that mouths that slogan is not the place to be.

    Likewise, educating others on Evolution and enjoying Life, The Universe and Everything is kinda hard living under Mullahs and Jihadis..

    I hope he never has to find this out the hard way, because his lessons are otherwise really good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.