Harvard Study: Gender Pay Gap Explained Entirely by the Genders' Work Choices

Homepage Forums Politics Harvard Study: Gender Pay Gap Explained Entirely by the Genders' Work Choices

This topic contains 48 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

It’s not the ACA that’s expensive so much as it is the health care delivery system that underlies it. Insurance companies and hospitals at the top of the list. Both are profit-making institutions required by law to place profits for investors ahead of anything else. Hospitals nowadays spend a lot of money on beautification. Bright and shiny new buildings costing 10’s of millions of dollars. Adding fancy imaging equipment that functions to take business away from competing area hospitals. The capitalist approach misfunctions to allocate resources rationally according to the profit motive but irrationally in every other way.

Some more info on Portugal’s “Truce on Drugs”. There are more prisoners in jail in America for non-violent drug offenses than the total number of prisoners for all offenses in Europe.

jakelafort
    Participant

Unseen i agree with you. Capitalism has a great many flaws in its actual application if not its theoretical.

I have to assume that the government will have leverage to reduce health costs when it is the only insurer paying the bills.

Unseen
    Participant

Unseen i agree with you. Capitalism has a great many flaws in its actual application if not its theoretical. I have to assume that the government will have leverage to reduce health costs when it is the only insurer paying the bills.

We in the U.S. are addicted to capitalism and it’s killing us in the healthcare area. Prof. Richard Wolff explains why a capitalist system can’t prepare for emergencies like pandemics.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Unseen.
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.