Hunting Humans

Homepage Forums Science Hunting Humans

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

Our ancestors were likely hunted by crocodiles, leopards, bears, sabertooth cats, huge snakes, hyenas, even Komodo dragons.  I wonder how regularly early humans were killed and eaten? A trip down to the river and in a flash….flesh and bone are broken, torn and shredded.

Only through technology did we become top of the food chain. One calm, clear morning while drifting alone, out on my boat, a tiger shark appeared out of the blue and circled. Easily as long as the boat…A million years of anxiety of being preyed upon welled up inside of me… even though I knew I was totally safe. This thing could have me cut in half with one bite. We all still have those ghosts. That primal fear that makes a schoolgirl scream at a rubber snake. I cracked a cold Corona, started the engine and headed home.

Humans may be top predators now, but we were prey not long ago

Unseen
    Participant

Sharks, crocs, sabertooth cats, bears, dire wolves, are largely under control.

Yet, the #1 killer remains.

_Robert_
    Participant

Sharks, crocs, sabertooth cats, bears, dire wolves, are largely under control. Yet, the #1 killer remains.

I get bitten by mosquitos very often here in Florida. I always think, “I hope that one didn’t have exposure to the West Nile virus”. Tics are another concern, with that lime disease. Yet nothing makes me wince like when that penned-up orca killed that lady at Seaworld. Maybe I have seen Jurassic Park too many times.

jakelafort
    Participant

I have had three bouts of lyme. It gets progressively worse. Not fun.

_Robert_
    Participant

I have had three bouts of lyme. It gets progressively worse. Not fun.

Shit, that sucks. That must be the same as ‘lime’ disease, LOL. Yeah, I know someone who was really struggling for years. Finally getting better. I caught a tic on my leg…just starting to dig in…lucky I sensed it.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah i think the lime disease is scurvy.

All kinds of neurological symptoms can pop up. But if you catch it first time and get antibiotics is it about like a bad flu before ya start feelin okay

Unseen
    Participant

Sharks, crocs, sabertooth cats, bears, dire wolves, are largely under control. Yet, the #1 killer remains.

I get bitten by mosquitos very often here in Florida. I always think, “I hope that one didn’t have exposure to the West Nile virus”. Tics are another concern, with that lime disease. Yet nothing makes me wince like when that penned-up orca killed that lady at Seaworld. Maybe I have seen Jurassic Park too many times.

She should not have died, but penning up a whale in a small tank is criminal in my book.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.