No other comment

Homepage Forums Politics No other comment

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Davis
    Participant

Spain is an extremely peaceful country, one of the safest in Europe and in general, a kind, inclusive society with broad support for universal social care and welfare. This is a catastrophic failure by the National Government and stupidity from the Catalonian tactics. I have nothing else to say about this…the images speak for themselves.

Belle Rose
    Participant

When did this happen Davis?

El sueño de la razón produce monstrous.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

What is going on with ”humanity”?

Beyond words………..

Davis
    Participant

Belle…most of these were today. The Catalonians have been wanting a referendum for decades and the national government never budged. They called their own referendum which the government says violates the constitution. So while Catalonians were voting for possible independence…heavily armed national police were sent in the thousands to catalonia to stop people voting, confiscate ballot boxes and disrupt all activity related to the independence vote.

“What could go wrong”?

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Davis.

Belle Rose
    Participant

I’m so sorry Davis!!! The only news here is more of Trump’s dumbass and PR devastation.

Strega

I’ve been watching it with dismay, Davis. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it blow up over the last few weeks. Where do they go from here?

Davis
    Participant

Where do they go from here?

Violence. Thats what happens in places that are not given the right to vote (Chechnya, Kashmir, Kosovo, East Timor, Dagestan, Basque country).

It will escalate by the day. The shadows of Basque terrorism may even pop up again. Places that were given the vote (Quebec, Scotland, Montenegro, Slovakia) were given the vote. Two of them left peacefully. Two of them decided to stay. Life went on. But not in Spain.

Violence and inevitable extremism. And to think…only a few weeks ago it was a Muslim terrorist plowing down innocents in the street. Today it was National Police from Madrid smacking the shit out of peaceful protesters.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  Davis.

Davis
    Participant

The national spanish press is muting the abuse and NOT showing the most disturbing videos of police violence. Only the international press is doing so. Instead they focus on a small counter protest, show a few radicals throwing things at the police and one or two minor scuffles and lament that three policemen were hurt.

I never ever imagined things would become this disgraceful…I’m aghast.

The following is the BBC. You have to watch an international press to see this (WARNING: disturbing scenes):

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-41463955/catalonia-referendum-violence-as-police-block-voting

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Davis.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

This is terrible to hear Davis! Canada also had a stabbing & vehicle running into people in Edmonton Alberta!

Davis
    Participant

Thanks all for the supportive comments. I’ve spent the last day listening to otherwise rational and compassionate friends and acquaintances trying to justify the violence. “We have to sustain public order”. “Yeah…but the referendum was illegal”. Egad. Nationalism is a horrid sickness. Turns cool headed reasonable people into sociopathic imbeciles.

_Robert_
    Participant

imagine if we had neither god or nation. its easy if you try.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.