Sunday School

Sunday School 10th January 2021

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I suppose it could be argued that it was difficult to foresee the Washington rioter’s intent because it was a mob. It was only when their hero, who is in the Bible, kept repeating the word “fight” that it kicked off.  When we saw the main players involved, it became clear they had no coherent plan on the day. But I think security forces misjudged the possibility of the potential threat. I do think that there was something more sinister to the events though. Many Christian flags were spotted at the riot. Will Evangelicals denounce the riots?

A former Christian Nationalist lawmaker was happy to march with the mob.

What did BLM protesters make of it?

For the past 25 years it has been my New Year resolution to quote the Bible to Christians when I see or hear them contradict its teachings so they can redeem themselves. I even offer to mail them a free Bible if they need one.  But you are an Atheist?? OK, let’s talk about that so………but don’t call me Mr. Bible Boy as I keep Matthew 6:56 in mind.  I am sure you all know that one 😊.

I wonder how many Christians know that their “American Bible” is printed by atheists in China?

Pew survey shows Congress is more religious than America in general is. See how your state protects religious equality.

Ravi Zacharias, Christian apologist and liar for Jesus was involved in sexual misconduct for years.

The day after the riot Trump destroys HHS Non-discrimination protections.

The Woe Betide Church has over 50% of its flock infected after their Christmas super-spreader service. The seditionists in the Capitol building only added fuel to the inferno.

This weeks’ Woo: Who could have predicted that a control group would outperform mediums in psychic test?

Climate Crisis: What do the crocodiles make of it all?

RTE, the Irish public service broadcaster, is still apologizing for a sketch that claimed the Christian god is a child rapist. But forcing respect for religious beliefs is impractical and undermines freedom of expression.

Nasa’s Curiosity rover: 3,000 days on Mars. Don’t miss Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury shine in a triple-conjunction tonight. The rate of Earth’s spin appears to be accelerating.?

Covid-19 immunity likely lasts for years. Like many things in life, we can’t change what we don’t acknowledge.

Long Reads: Transhumanism as part of human evolution?? When Najin and Fatu first came to Africa, they were scared of everything. A newfound source of Cellular Order in the Chemistry of Life. What is the “Dark Forest” hypothesis? The joys of being an absolute beginner – for life. The lost history of Yellowstone Park. How can we grasp the truth when the nature of truth itself is in doubt? Songs from Orwell’s Glass Asylum.

This week I will read this book: A Swim in the Pond in the Rain.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video:  General Relativity visualized. God tries working from home to create ‘Earth’.

Have a great week everyone!

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg and Fellow Unbelievers,

After the Trumpistas invaded the Capitol, indeed after all of this 7 months of rioting, looting, bug-spreading, and general man’s inhumanity to man, there is a thought that keeps running through my mind:

Thunderdome…and not just Thunderdome, but an inter-group Thunderdome…played about like the TV Show Survivor…With players getting picked off one at a time…With Trumpistas, Q-Anon-ers, Proud Boys, Boogaloo, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, SJWs, Klan, Neo-Nazis, Black Panthers, Street Gangs, Motorcycle Gangs, and any other rabble-rousing riff-raff I missed all thrown into the mix!…And there would be a new rule: Two Men/Women/Trans Enter, No Men/Women/Trans Leave!

And put it all on Pay-Per-View and let all profits go towards restoring all the injury, damage, and loss this nation has suffered all of this time!

All medical bills paid for the assaulted and injured, all burnt buildings and homes rebuilt, all looted stores restocked, all windows re-glazed and reinforced with projectile resistant material, all grafitti erased, all roads repaired, all trash leafblown away, and even if it cannot bring the dead back to life, all heirs to lives lost given a modern if meager Dane-Geld.

Then, have a Truth and Reconciliation Commission where everybody pledges: I’ll Live And Let Live If You Live And Let Live!  Such A Deal!

Then we can get back to a quiet, semi-sane, semi-normal life and keep this from ever happening again!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Fellow Unbelievers,

I forgot the video accompaniment for any of our greener members:

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Oh, I forgot to add: If any innocents caught COVID-19 as a traceable result of any of the riots and mayhem of the last 7 months, they should get proceeds from the Pay-Per-View.

And any known spreaders participating in the riots and mayhem of the last 7 months need some very special treatment before getting thrown into Thunderdome, say, a dousing with rubbing alcohol and fiberglass insulation in their battle cod-piece or fish-piece or cod-fish-piece.

Justice must be served, cold and raw.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.