Sunday School

Sunday School 31st October 2021

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

There is much more support for the Separation of Church and State than there is opposition to it.

SCOTUS finally decides that the religious right asked for too much.

A Pennsylvania school district’s ban on any attire “satanic in nature” is discriminatory and unconstitutional. But can a teacher call out Mike Pence’s “little demon mouth”? It is also correct to say that a religiously neutral education is not discriminatory and not an excuse to fund Christian schools. Imagine if religious schools replaced public education! South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem admits ignoring the Constitution by pushing for prayer in public schools.

This story is about the physical abuse of a young child in the first instance of “faith-based abuse” prosecuted in Ireland.

Here is how to spot a witch tonight. Rachel Hamm, a GOP candidate for secretary of state in California has the ability to get her god to kill witches. Or maybe that is the greatest trick that a wicked witch would play?

Faith might help some people but can it lead to pious inaction?

World of Woo: Psychology should refrain from the schools of Quackademia.

Environment: Reasons to be hopeful

It did not take long for the religious to decry the first pig to human organ transplant.

A new human ancestor has been described.

Is it legal to shout “Fire” if the theater is starting to burn?

The Human Brain: A Free Online Course from MIT.

Facebook, she is dead to me.

Einstein’s demon-haunted spooky quantum world.

Long Reads:  Who were the first alien abductees? Our imagination is what makes us human. The Catholic based Law and Justice party in Poland is a disgrace to the women of Poland. Liberty University, like many Christian institutions, victim-blames students who report rape and sexual assault. The secret lives of cells — as never seen before. AI is no match for the quirks of Human Intelligence.

Sunday Book Club:  Wildland, the making of America’s fury.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video:  The richness of Time. A very informative TED Talk about the technologies behind mRNA vaccine delivery. Homeopathic A&E. Bill Maher, New Rules for Words. From the astronauts to humanity itself, ‘Earthrise’ has left an indelible mark.

Happy Jesusween and have a great week everyone!

Strega

Thank you, Reg!!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Jesus’ween is probbly one of the more tame and silly things Christians do on Hallowe’en.

Back when It’s The Grea Pumpkin, Charlie Brown came out, one Believer wrote Charles Schultz saying that the story was sacreligious for mocking Linus’ faith in The Great Pumpkin. Schultz deflected by saying it was just as sacreligious to believe in Santa Claus.

10 Things You Didn’t Know About The Great Pumpkin
    https://thefw.com/things-you-didnt-know-about-great-pumpkin/

Also, in my locality and others in the U.S., Evangelical Christian Churches set up and charged admission to haunted houses and haunted trails in the woods, which featured things like blasphemers, unbelievers, backsliders, drunkards, prostitutes, and Homosexuals dying in gruesome manners and their souls burning and tormented in Eternal Hell.

While, of course, believers have the right to express such nonsense, they would never get a Bloody Red Cent from me for admission, nor even a free show. That people still believe nonsense like this and make it entertainment is what’s truly spooky.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spelling

One of the Zombie makeup and prosthetics artists from the Walking Dead lived near my family’s house in Atlanta. Each Halloween they would have a dozen or so Zombies from the sets wander around the housing estate. I think some parents objected but the kids loved it.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

I’ve read some people characterize Jesus as a Zombie, which, of course, would also make Lazarus and all the Saints who rose from the dead at The Crucifixion Zombies too.

Maybe Max Brooks, son of Mel Brooks and author of The Zombie Survival Manual and World War Z could re-do Mel Gibson’s The Passion of The Christ as a Zombie Comedy! I’m not really into the Horror Genre, but I’d gladly go to see that! 😁🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.