Attack on Islam

Homepage Forums Theism Attack on Islam

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

Yes, they could almost certainly claim a military victory, but what then? Another 9/11-type event?

I would bet that Iran was mostly complying with the Obama deal. This latest development is unfortunate. Yes, we would now bring on the wrath of the Shia Muslim.

Saudi Arabia and Israel would both be very uneasy if Iran obtains a nuclear arsenal. Which would be the lesser of two evils? A deadly costly war that destroys Iran’s nuclear potential and the resulting wave of terrorism or Iran and Israel pointing nuclear devices at each other? I just don’t know. We should try to establish trust with Iran instead of all this talk of war.

Both Rafsanjani and Ahmadinejad have gloatingly said that Islam could survive a nuclear exchange while the Jewish state could not.

Paraphrasing a line from the Portable Atheist by Hitchens.

Unseen
    Participant

The Middle East! I’m reminded of an old joke about two Jewish merchants talking after a Friday worship at the local temple.

Ben: I lose $10 on every suit I sell.

Sol: That’s terrible!

Ben: Oh, it’s not so bad.

Sol: Why is that?

Ben: I make up for it with volume.

Logic simply breaks down in the Middle East.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.