Christian Men, Get That Rebellious Hussy Under Control!

Homepage Forums Small Talk Christian Men, Get That Rebellious Hussy Under Control!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

From “7 Steps to Grooming Your Young Christian Wife”

I read your warning about a wife reporting a husband for spanking her and my wife would not do that. She was taught to resolve family issues inside the family. She complained to her mom about something in our marriage a few months into our marriage and her mom told her she did not want to hear about it; “You and your husband need to work that out” is what her mom told her.

My question to you is, do you think I am making a mistake trying to incorporate spanking as a form of discipline in our marriage? Should I just take away her debit card and give her some limited cash?

We are very early in our marriage and I know this is the time when we will set the pattern for the rest of our marriage and I really would appreciate your guidance in how to do that.”

The bottom line:

You as the man are responsible before God to do everything you can do on your end. If your wife will not submit to spankings as a form of discipline then you move to non-physical forms of discipline like removing the debit card and credit cards while still providing for all her basic needs. You call her out when she disrespects you even she does not receive this. You limit her access to your free time. You lead even if your wife will not follow.

But one thing you never do is surrender to her desire to control your marriage.

And do not fall for the lie of partnership marriage. No marriage is ever a true partnership. Marriage is always a patriarchy or a matriarchy. It might be a soft patriarchy or soft matriarchy where no one explicitly acknowledges being in charge, and the one in charge might actually allow great freedom to the other. But make no mistake, someone is ALWAYS in charge in a marriage. Power vacuums are never left unfilled.

And if you have to dig in for a real spiritual battle with your wife, you must be prepared for the weapons she may attempt to you use against you. You can find out more about that in my article entitled “3 Ways Wives Try to Control Their Husbands“.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Wow, controlling.  Probably a personality disorder there.  Imagine how insecure it must make a man, having to keep that up.  Talk about “unquiet ego”.

According to Genesis a wife must only desire for her husband and “he shall rule over you”. Ephesians commands that “wives should submit in everything to their husbands”.

Muslims have their own rules about the size of the stick used in the beatings and how severally the beating of any one of their wives should be.

Without religion women would not know how to behave. I know some atheist women and they are just very bold.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

That site is staggering, and frightening, and full of very bad advice for men and women.

With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil—that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg, Nobel Laureate. (No, not for saying that, he got it in Physics)!!

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I think this is a classic example of someone like a narcissist – who is into coercive control, dominance, bullying, etc., justified by patriarchal values.

justified by patriarchal values

These people use their imaginary god to justify their actions. They have a special book……

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Written by men for men, it seems.

Davis
    Participant

Some of it is genuinely narcissistic, patriarchal. Men getting away with control and domination. But sadly some of it comes from genuine (though misplaced) kindness. The belief that women and children are incapable of making smart life decisions, need to be steered in the right direction by capable men and see their job as leading a family of lesser people. They honestly believe this and do their duty out of caring. I saw this all the time when I lived in the Muslim world. But yeah…whether its the selfish asshole guy who does and gets whatever he wants because he can get away with it with no resistance or the kindly guy who does so cause he thinks women are like fragile dullard over-emotional children needing guidance…it cannot lead to a healthy outcome for the overwhelming majority of households. The fact that millions of families in the US (admittedly concentrated in the religious South but not limited to there) take this kind of advice seriously in the 21st century tells you how neccesary feminism still is in the 21st century. And that feminism is not just there to help liberate women…it liberates men as well from unhealthy paternalistic roles.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

The author talks as if “his” woman is there to be crushed to his will.  It’s very unhealthy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.