Does God Exist

Homepage Forums Small Talk Does God Exist

This topic contains 56 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Strega

Hi @belen. You stated, “There are things I’ve learned from him that are ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON and I wish I had known years ago.”. Could you give me an example or two of what you were referring to there, so I can better understand your overall view of this guy?

Participant

@strega, there are so many. I honestly didn’t know who this guy was til a couple of weeks back in a Sunday School we were talking about him and I started watching his lectures…I just can’t get enough of him.

Here’s one example. I love the way he articulates this interview

Participant

This is life changing

Strega

@belen can you please paraphrase? I’m not in a place where I can play sound.

Participant

@strega I wouldn’t even attempt to paraphrase it, you really just have to find a way to watch it or see if there’s a transcript. But here’s what I will say – more than anything some of what I’ve learned from him about raising a son – especially a very (like 99th percentile for his age) type of violent son who is LITERALLY making threats to murder people (and he means it…)….Trust me…He has said somethings that have really helped me that NO ONE has ever told me. And I’ve asked a LOT of people!

Strega

@belen You’re telling me you learned something mind blowing but you can’t tell me what it is? That’s not very reassuring.

Participant

@strega I’ve learned so much from him I don’t even know where to begin. About which topic? God? Parenting? Psychology? I’ve watched HOURS of his videos before forming my opinions about him. What I will say is that he is one of the most brilliant minds I’ve ever come across but you HAVE to listen..VERY carefully to his word choices. He is VERY particular about what he say and very careful to use the right words. That is one thing I absolutely love love love about him. The nuances of his words make his message extremely profound. I don’t honestly even know where to start to try to explain it to you. He is a clinical psychologist. He has a way of explaining things that no one else ever has. I don’t know what else to say about it right now. I don’t know what sort of paraphrasing you’re looking for and on what topic. But I’ll tell you – in regards to the situation with my son his lectures helped me understand things so much better. It’s not just one or two things Strega. It’s an entire paradigm shift for me.

jakelafort
    Participant

Belen, if he has given advice to help you deal with your son’s psychopathy that is wonderful.  I can understand how that might influence your perception of the guy.

Participant

@jakelafort: Yep. And the thing is that honestly….I’ve combed through EVERY..and I DO MEAN EVERY (no I’m not shouting but how else do you put the emphasis on the words? I can’t say it enough…) I’ve combed through every single fucking resource that the entire united state mental health system has to offer.

His information has been the ONLY…ONLY thing that has been useful.

Everyone else does not know what the fuck they are talking about.

When you are living and trying to raise a young boy who is wired – genetically – for psychopathy – and you’re given EXACTLY what you need to know EXACTLY what you need to do…

That’s powerful.

I will NEVER NEVER stop defending him because he is SAVING LIVES. And he may have saved our lives. So FUCK ANYONE who doesn’t understand that. Fuck you.

_Robert_
    Participant

The title of this post is answered by the 80’s song: The Sugarcubes – Deus (does not exist)

I am still amazed at how many 80’s new wave bands came out as non believers. A more recent song that tells god to shove it while predicting the end of humankind due to oceans rising…

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@belen, why don’t you check out what Athena Walker has said about psychopaths and sociopaths.  She identifies as a psychopath.  I found that she was very straightforward, helpful, innovative, and intelligent, and I would love to be friends with her in real life.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I’m a sociopath of some kind, and so are at least three of my friends in various ways.  But it doesn’t mean what people think it does: anti-social.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.