Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!…..um, No.

Homepage Forums Politics Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!…..um, No.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Jody Lee
    Participant

Maybe if we all pray really hard? Anybody…? 😂🤦‍♀️

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: fixed some kind of photo caption formatting error

PopeBeanie

Do you agree with this article that Trump has defected to the autocrats?

Maybe, but I think it’s a longer process/progression, and that’s the direction he’s headed. In a reality show, I could see him competing with autocrats to out-autocrat them, and speaking of whether or not he’s “evil”, he’s at least an enabler of, and profiteer of evil, especially when campaigning for power in America.

I see him now as the “Ugly American President”, meaning both a “president of ugly Americans” and just a fricken ugly mannered president. He’s a master troll, always looking for ways to incite people to demonize each other, while making plans to profit from the dysfunction and chaos he sows. That sounds pretty damn close to “evil” to me.

Now, am I just demonizing Trump? No, not for fun or profit. But I hate the haters, I’m intolerant of the intolerant, I’ll demonize the demonizers, and I’ll call the name-callers names when I’m truly unable to find a positive way to respond to them. I don’t like calling him a “Hitler”, but I’m afraid the ability to become one may be on his list of aspirations. All he needs is enough followers.

_Robert_
    Participant

Trump has been relaxing the banking rules again. Banks can once again invest your money in risky grade investments. They are doing this because he is dropping interest rates and the banks are suffering. He is dropping interest rates to cover up a sinking economy. There will be nothing left to help us out of the next recession. He knows if the recession hits before the election he is finished and may end up in prison.

He is rolling back environmental regulations at the same time scientists are claiming that the climate is degrading faster than expected. The EPA is screwed, becoming more powerless. Disaster. Tax cuts for the rich have increased the deficit.

The Supreme Court is a conservative throwback to the fifties. His Mexico wall, his China trade war, his plan for Iran…all big zeros. Even the new Air Force 1 is a mess.

Greenland is a diversion. It’s melting away anyhow.

Davis
    Participant

I installed a Trump filter some months ago. It removes all references to Trump, all news stories and his tweets. In discussions and comments his name simply disappears but I can tell by context or a missing name who is being mentioned. I do this because I have a low tolerance threshold for people knowingly talking bullshit denying truth and full out lies, an even lower tolerance for those who pointlessly blab vicious insults at people and entire countries and I have no tolerance for racism. As he only gets worse every month and since the only thing you can do is react with incredulity and outrage…all it does is raise my blood pressure. So Ive simply put him on my ignore list. Life and news reading has  become a lot more pleasant ever since. I can only hope  he will be humiliatingly thrown out of the Whitehouse next year by voters. The only news I get about Trump is here because usually atheistzoners discuss the more gelatinous and absurd examples of Trump’s brain-dumster-schenanigans. You aren’t the only person laughing. Most of Europe laughs every time Trump sends a tweet and 90% of Spaniards (and I imagine other EU citizens) cannot wait until the scum-bucket fucks off. Im thankful he isnt my President. What a nightmare fest it must be to have the biggest Jackoff leader in a post-world-war democratic country .

Ivy
    Participant

@davis

As he only gets worse every month and since the only thing you can do is react with incredulity and outrage…all it does is raise my blood pressure.

I feel the exact same way. I’ve started to look at it like Karma is a bitch. And this bird has a long way to fall from the tree. He has it coming to him. He is going to pay eventually.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq fix

Ivy
    Participant

BTW Can you share instructions on how to put on that filter? LOL I think I need that filter because I’m sick of looking at his dumbass

PopeBeanie

BTW Can you share instructions on how to put on that filter? LOL I think I need that filter because I’m sick of looking at his dumbass

For me, it’s the same kind of self-imposed filter that keeps me from clicking on attractive ads. I say “attractive” because my eyes are inevitably drawn to them; which btw makes me feel stupid for a few seconds.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.