Happy Birthday, Ivy!

Homepage Forums Small Talk Happy Birthday, Ivy!

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Davis 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

And the best next year ever!

Ivy
    Participant

Awwwww thank you Unseen! Technically it’s tomorrow the 13th but I put it on fb as the 12th so fraudsters get thrown off Hahahaha!!!

I am grateful for this time in my life. Who would have thought that during a pandemic would actually be a little bit of a break and an easier time. My life got a lot less complicated this year. And the pandemic had a lot to do with that. I think this next year is going to be a good one. Finally.

Ivy
    Participant

Best year to you too unseen! Cheers! When this pandemic is over I will make it down south!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Ivy,

Happy Birthday, Ivy.  I hope you enjoy it.  Try reading some Thoreau.  There are a lot better ways to “simplify, simplify” than a global pandemic.  😁

Davis

Felicidades Ivy!!!!!!!!!!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Davis.

Yes, Happy Birthday Ivy!!

Ivy
    Participant

Thank you 🙏 Encogitationer LOL Do you have any recommendations?

Ivy
    Participant

Thank you Davis! Is that how do you sing it in Spain? In Mexico it’s Las Mañanitas

Ivy
    Participant

Thank you 🙏 Reg!!!

Unseen
    Participant

Enjoy a warm day with a crackling fire…on your computer. LOL

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Unseen.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Unseen.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Happy birthday Ivy!

Ivy
    Participant

Thank you 🙏 Simon!

@unseen I am breaking out the marshmallows!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Ivy,

Like I said, Thoreau and his writings about life on Walden Pond can provide inspiration.  Amy Dacyzyn’s  volumes of _The Tightwad Gazette_ can provide ways and means, and also look for books under the subject heading of “voluntary simplicity.”  No pandemics required and all are well worth reading.

Davis

Well that video is an elaborate version of the birthday song, and super ridiculous and camp video from a few decades ago. But yeah, as a joke we might sometimes play that version of the song as we bring out the birthday cake. I never heard of las mañanitas. I love the music of Mana (an amazing Mexican band, especially Labios Compartidos) and my favourite song from Mexico, by far is  Tú Me Acostumbrasté by Chavela Vargas

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Davis.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.