Is anyone here a “Prepper?”

Homepage Forums Small Talk Is anyone here a “Prepper?”

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Glen D 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

No, not a pepper, I didn’t studder haha! Anyone here take seriously crazy measures to protect themselves and their families?

I live pretty much right smack over the Cascadia subduction zone earthquake territory. We are expecting “The Big One”….Like yesterday. I have become taking many measures to protect myself and my family, and I talked to a lot of people that made me feel like I was crazy….Until I saw the documentary on Netflix about preppers! LMFAO!!! They took prepping to a whole new level. Suddenly I didn’t feel quite so crazy anymore. Honestly it made me realize I need to up my game. Am I in good company here? HA! With climate change upon us different parts of the country are going to have different problems. But of course we could never be 100% certain as there is no such thing as a crystal ball

Ivy
    Participant

With the earthquake now seriously… It’s not a matter of With the earthquake now seriously… It’s not a matter of “if” but “when.”

Ivy
    Participant

Dammit, we cannot edit our responses anymore? Oh well you get my drift…lol no pun intended

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

In our case, with the wildfire season going from April til September, & evacuations of whole towns, including us 2 years ago, we have to have the suitcases mostly packed, & the cat carriers sitting beside them ready to run at a moments notice. I really would like to see the politicians, & climate deniers have to fight the fires for these months & still maintain their ignorant positions rather than sit in their air conditioned offices, calling it non existent. Our evac lasted 18 days at the time, but others have had it much longer. Then there is the flooding in other areas, with many more evacuations. This is becoming so widespread we’re not going to have any place to run to!

I spoke with some people in Santa Rosa CA recently. I saw the damage near their homes from last years’ wildfires (remember Paradise) and a few months later they almost suffered from the flooding when the Russian river overflowed. Turned out they prayed each time and Jesus spared them. Who needs to “prep” when you have him on your side?

PS, I like the “drift” pun very much. Don’t tell Strega 🙂

Ivy
    Participant

@Jade it’s not their “fault” (again no pun intended lol)…..they seem to have been born deranged. Hopefully Mother Nature will take care of them accordingly….Karma is a bitch!!!

Strega

Reg, I have taken a contract out on you for that.

PopeBeanie

@asianne, my bad… I forgot (or never knew) that the window for editing a post is 30 minutes. (I can edit any post for you, if you ask.)

Yeah, fissure you have Strega.

_Robert_
    Participant

I have been through many hurricanes, some that blew part of the roof from my house.  It does feel a lot like one of those disaster movies. No power, no phones, no water. One time the block formed an armed militia with watch shifts against looters. That wasn’t really necessary in retrospect because you would need a boat to get in. After a few weeks when nobody had fuel for their generators I will never forget how dark and silent the nights. I enjoyed that but we were down to the peppermint schnapps, yuck. Eventually we drilled an artesian well that free flows. The last hurricane at least we had water. I always have about a month of canned goods and  candles.

Glen D
    Participant

We have ‘bushfires’ which consume thousands of acres. We rarely lose a large  numbers of houses, but it happens  . Summer is bushfire weather ,and is taken very seriously, with weeks of total fire bans. I’d probably be Ok, but still have an evacuation plan..

.Clip Our National capital on fire: (4 lives, 500 homes)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Glen D.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.