Is the evangelical Christian "God" really Allah in sheep's clothing?

Homepage Forums Theism Is the evangelical Christian "God" really Allah in sheep's clothing?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

Davis
    Participant

Reading the texts of Islam, Judaism and Christianity I honestly don’t think there is any way to pick which one has the most vicious revolting God who is a wolf dressed sometimes in teddy bear outfit (or atleast a radiant brilliance, sometimes one of love and forgiveness). The Torrah has an unbearably cruel vicious god. Allah in many surrahs is extremely austere and demanding listing endless punishments (pretty harsh ones) for so many innocuous transgressions. The God of the New Testament is endlessly threatening you with eternal torture if you don’t believe and the apocalypse is horrifying. Those who focus on the sweet peaceful kind do-goodery of their religion and dwell very very little on the judgement, prohibition, punishment, pointless laws, exclusion and discrimination…are uncommon and those who claim their faith is one of the former and not of the latter are utterly full of bullshit. And when it comes to Evangelicals, you are absolutely right. I cannot tell the difference between one and the most conservative follower of Allah I met while living in Iran. If they had a chance to transform society into something like the Handsmaid tale I’d be surprised if they didn’t take advantage of it.

_Robert_
    Participant

They are both derivatives of Judaism and have the same god; the god of Abraham. I just consider them sects of the same basic monotheistic religion, with some influence from Zoroastrianism. Islam being the youngest of these sects, still has adherents that are the most fervent. They only differ in their choice of a savior/prophet and plus Islam has the extra clause about world domination.

Despite their wars against each other they will ally with each other against the unbeliever. This is because they inherently know their claims are equally unjustifiable and impossible to disprove.

PopeBeanie

And it seems our three branches of government might look increasingly kindly toward Christian tradition in government and law. An ironic, preemptive move again the supposed arrival of Sharia Law?

_Robert_
    Participant

Please explain why is it so “ironic”? I see no irony in the Islamification of Europe. It’s pathetic. After my most recent European excursions I see little value in ever going back again and have changed my future plans to other destinations. Calls to prayer echoing down the Thames river. Now we have hijab in our US Congress. Irony is not the word that comes to mind at all. Travesty is more like it. If liberalism is open to Islamification, then liberals are idiots. You think we have “rape culture” now? You have no idea.

_Robert_
    Participant

Just for the record I trust N. Korea and Russian leadership about as much as I trust Islamic leadership. None of these ass-clowns are worth a dammmmmmmmm. So yes I have tons of doubts about our president who seems to cater to these unworthy shit-heads. Just look at history. It’s right there, Murderers !

_Robert_
    Participant

My introduction to Muslims and Islam was in University, The College of Engineering. I was in a study group with a couple of foreign national Iranians. We studied hard for the midterm exam and I got along fine with these two Persians. I thought we were all ready for midterms. The exam allowed for our own scribble paper to work out the answers…all the equations were supposed to be in your head. After we took our assigned seats, the professor asked everyone to raise their hands and exit the classroom. Well I noticed the two Iranians pacing the hallway and sure enough they got caught with formulas on their scrap paper. The professor announced how disappointed he was and would fail the cheaters and try to get them expelled.

A week later I ran into one of the cheaters who called himself “Nick” and I said I was shocked and asked why he cheated. I told him that I knew he knew the material. He said “You are infidels and therefore I did not actually cheat.”

I never forgot his response. These were not Americans. Still, that begs the question…..can a practicing Muslim be truly loyal to a secular nation over the beloved Muhammad (peace be upon him) and Islam? This is a yes/no question that I would love to ask  Ilhan Omar. I assume she took an oath. Based on her recent statements, I doubt she was truthful.

PopeBeanie

Please explain why is it so “ironic”?

What I mean regards how the far Christian right can ignore the establishment clause of the constitution, and promote Christianity. I.e. Sharia law “bad” but Christian Law “good”.

It’s just wrong to fight Islam, in the name of Christianity. The higher road to take is humanism.

_Robert_
    Participant

The higher road to take is humanism.

I align with every tenant below

The Principles of Secular Humanism
    Here’s the list from secularhumanism.org.
    We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
    We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation.
    We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
    We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
    We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
    We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.
    We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
    We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
    We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity.
    We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
    We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
    We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.
    We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
    We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.
    We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
    We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
    We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos.
    We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
    We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
    We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality.
    We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are capable of as human being

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.