Portland is getting a preview of Trump's 2nd term

Homepage Forums Politics Portland is getting a preview of Trump's 2nd term

This topic contains 31 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Davis
    Participant

Clinton always came across to most non-Americans as a highly reasonable and qualified candidate and the absolute ferocity of Republican opposition to her seemed to me extremely exaggerated and petty and mostly due to the fact that she was a woman. It was utterly baffling. She was kind of candidate that would have restored a little faith to the rest of the world in the presidency of a country that is so influential on the world stage. I don’t think anybody would have cared about an email server or the many dubious conspiracy theories against her had she been a man or a non-progressive candidate. Having said that, considering how vitriolic the backlash to just about everything she said and did, it’s hard to see how she could have accomplished much if she were even elected. I think she would make an excellent VP, in theory, but again, the acidic hate towards her would make her just heavy baggage.

Unseen
    Participant

You there for this nice peaceful demonstration, unseen?

Nope. I suspect it never happened. It could be a well-done photoshopped image.

Apparently, it’s real. Now, public nudity is legal in Oregon as long as it’s not lewd. She’s being lewd but she’s also making a free speech political statement so could be protected by the 1st Amendment.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.