Thoughts and Prayers

Homepage Forums Advice Thoughts and Prayers

This topic contains 39 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Strega 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Strega

@regthefronkeyfarmer This –  “emails from Christians asking me to pray for dead people that I have never met“ had me howling!

Strega

@davis Their frustration should not be simply dismissed as silly. +1

I stumbled upon this today. Might find something there?

Beth
    Participant

Update: there wasn’t an initial response from HR to my anonymous letter, but today we received another bereavement email and it said “Condolences” instead of “Thoughts and Prayers”! Of course, it still concluded by saying the family would appreciate our prayers, but that doesn’t bother me as much because it doesn’t sound like the request is coming directly from the company.

I don’t get the point of praying for dead Christians. I mean the person is dead?? Christians should be happy that the deceased is now with Jesus – is that not their belief? Are you meant to pray for the living – the dead persons’ relations? Is this because their prayers are not good enough and they need more people praying for them?

What is the thing they are praying for? What is the goal of the prayers you are being asked to perform? Are there special prayers for the dead or do Christians use the same ones for locating their missing door keys? Any theologians about the site??

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@beth it sounds like they listened to you.

It also sounds like people are dropping like flies – who do you work for, Columbo?

_Robert_
    Participant

Here is an example some fine Christian logic

Frustrating to hear, but this is what we deal with everyday.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I certainly don’t understand the difference, it’s the same thing, to all intents and purposes.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I feel sorry for the caller, that she was subjected to that kind of pointless nitpicking.

Strega

Hahaha @robert the caller married an atheist, BUT he’s a good person :).

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.