Trying to understand them

Homepage Forums Politics Trying to understand them

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

I have honestly began the quest of trying to understand the point of view of all the people who support Donald Trump. It’s seriously boggles my mind. I started listening to some content from Ben Shapiro. I am wondering if anybody here is familiar with his rhetoric.

One thing that he seems pretty focused on is trying to draw a distinction between “People like him” …And a white supremacy. Essentially trying to say that no, there’s a very specific definition of white supremacy and he is not it. And all the people that support trump are not it. Then going on to accuse people of trying to blend these two things together. And saying that is a very dangerous thing. It sounds actually very familiar. I can think of a couple of instances of this and other types of political or religious situations. I am just wondering if anybody here is familiar with Ben Schapiro at all.

Ben Shapiro, Yep I have heard him too often. You would have to work hard to keep up with him.

Unseen
    Participant

There is talk of white pride and heterosexual pride parades to counter anti-racism and gay pride parades.

There is resentment of government programs designed to help the disenfranchised and downtrodden succeed in education and business. There is an associated (wrong) belief that most government aid goes to nonwhites.

There is a belief that it was the Democrats (it was during the Obama admoinistration) that trade deals were struck that they feel encouraged American businesses to use foreign labor and even relocate abroad. Sen. Bernie Sanders agrees with this, hence his appeal to those who voted for Trump in the so-called “Rust Belt.”

There was growing frustration over the (as they perceived it) “do nothing Congress.”

In the heartland of America, pro-choice is a minority position.

There was resentment of (as they saw it) the government taking Christmas out of Christmas by banning Christian symbology from government properties.

I could go on. Do you wan to hear more?

A culture war is a big part of it.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Unseen.

Davis
    Participant

It’s not a culture war, it’s one side insisting on and ensuring their right to equality in society and a minority of loud shitheads reacting to this with a persecution complex. A culture war would imply mass engagement, mass agreement and mass conflict. It’s just not there. It’s a minority on one side fighting for everyone’s rights (which should have been won decades ago) and some snots who don’t want to share screaming bloody murder using slightly veiled nasty racist sexist homophobic shithead language.

I don’t believe the majority of Americans are active in this “culture war”. I don’t even believe people sympathetic on the activist side do anything more but give vague passive support and wouldn’t even bother arguing with someone about it. And I don’t believe most of those on the “persecution complex side” really give such a damn about pastry shops and gay wedding cakes or not letting girls who were raped by their uncle have an abortion. They’re policies they tacitly support and could rather easily be swayed to give-up with little argument. America is far more centrist (in this sense) than people think and the voices you hear are passionate active players, one side fighting to find a way to communicate their ideals and recognizing it cannot be done anymore in patronizing condescending ways and the other side who realised a long time ago that the best strategy is to play dirty, lie your dirty ass off and scare the shit out of people with their gay-mexican-drug-dealer-feminist-Islamic-abrotion-doctor-boogeymen. The majority of America is held hostage in the middle between a toxic debate. Partly driven by what Reg has pointed out politically…because one side is trying hard not to play dirty and hoping they can still prevail based on the good will of other Americans. And things still seem to be progressing. Meaning Americans seem to be responding in good will and to the side that doesn’t play dirty.

Will Incels volunteer to support a straight pride parade or will they feel compelled to organize their own? See the video in this link to share in the excitement of the day 🙂

There are videos out there with Ben in discussion with….guess who? Yes, correct first time.

Unseen
    Participant

I don’t believe the majority of Americans are active in this “culture war”.

I don’t know how things work where you are (Belgium?) but, as in countries with more than two parties, sometimes it’s a minority that swings an election one way or another, even in a two-party system.

The great flat middle of the United States and the warm and humid southeast tend to be more dogmatically religious and conservative. These are also generally areas affected most by recent free trade pacts, which Trump is backing out of.

The GOP used very sophisticated demographic research by Cambridge Analytica based on data it got mostly from Facebook to identify people on the razor’s edge who might vote Democrat or might vote Republican and keyed in on those voters using information, misinformation, and disinformation, getting a lot of free help from Russia, which also actively meddles in European elections as well as elections in Africa and elsewhere.

Ivy
    Participant

There are videos out there with Ben in discussion with….guess who? Yes, correct first time.

Orange Hitler?

Davis
    Participant

Will Incels volunteer to support a straight pride parade or will they feel compelled to organize their own? See the video in this link to share in the excitement of the day 🙂

Can you imagine the kind of spectacle an incel pride parade would be? Would they play Chopin’s Funeral March in the background and give away all their unused condoms to all those god damn gay guys getting laid every day?

And what about a no-fap pride parade? Would they march with one hand swinging up and down?

Perhaps a tv-show-binge-watcher pride parade? Maybe they could sit on a float with their eyes glued to their cellphones playing an episode of Grey’s Anatomy!

How about crystal-magnet-therapy pride parade? They could all come together and the combined magical strength of their magnetic crystals would cure the whole world of cancer or something…no?

And what on Earth would a sharia-law/Hasidic-law/Evangelical-law pride parade look like? With all three combined I cannot even think of a single action a person could commit that wouldn’t merrit being “surely put to death”.

What about e-cigarette addicts pride parade? Would they get together and crowd around a public bench and have a smoke-a-thon blasting the whole street with wild-cherry scent?

Oh the possibilities

Orange Hitler? No, his bro’ the JP of Psychology.

Would they play Chopin’s Funeral March?

If I was organizing the music I would first play them something by a real female gal of the opposite sex………and then remind them that she didn’t want to with them.

Ivy
    Participant

@Reg

I just recently heard a discussion he had with Steven Pinker. JP will have a discussion with just about anyone. In his book the 12 rules for life that’s actually one of his points is to assume that the person that you are talking to knows something that you don’t. He also had a talk with Sam Harris…So. I really don’t understand what people have so much against him. They twist his words around like crazy

Davis
    Participant

Zheesh. No pussy blues. It seems that asking again and again and not taking no…the only logical solution is to keep stalking the person with more and more invasive and elaborate proposals and when all else fails…wail out your frustration so the whole world can hear your unique and unheard of not-getting-laid-pain. If you are a guy and you face this rejection again and again and again, forget about seeing a cognitive therapist to help get over your insecurities and bad mental habits or building personal social skills or opening your mind to possible partners other than the perfect prima donna super model you hit on and win over in 5 minutes…and banish yourself to your mother’s basement while telling the whole internet that you are doomed to lonely sadness with no alternative and its all the fault of letting women simply have minds of their own and allowing them to make their own choices. I honestly cannot think of a better response. But in all seriousness…that song basically illustrates this all perfectly.

Unseen
    Participant

A “Chicks Won’t Fuck Us Pride Parade.” That should draw a crowd.

BTW, where is the mentioned link? I’d like to take a look.

_Robert_
    Participant

You were born on a farm that your great, great, great grandpa worked. About 20 miles away sits the small town where you went to grade school, get gas, groceries, and go to church. You can milk a cow, ring a chicken’s neck and cut the bacon off the pig you raised. You hunt and fish and you respect….and are thankful for the animals that you take. You detest being dependent and would never accept a handout and you always take care of your own.

You know everyone around and whenever a farmer rolls a tractor on top of himself the whole area mourns together. The nearest big city is 200 miles away but you get their local news. It’s an endless parade of videos of black and Hispanics robbing stores or shooting each other.

Are you gonna vote for Bernie Sanders?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.