Sunday School

Sunday School 21st March 2021

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ivy 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

When it comes to Education, too many state legislators are determined to use taxpayer dollars to violate the separation between church and state.

New Religious Privilege legislation in states across the country could shield religious organizations from all civil and criminal liability. Arkansas has passed a Denial of Healthcare bill to accommodate the religious beliefs of medical staff when treating patients.

I don’t think the killings in Atlanta were motivated primarily by racism. The killer was deeply religious and belonged to a conservative church that pervert’s normal sexual development by indoctrinating and radicalizing children into abnormal purity culture where religion blames women for men’s sexual problems. Evangelicals are teaching false doctrine, says Jesus Christ. I have been telling them that for years! Anyway, we all know “religious freedom” in not about Jesus. It’s about Money.

A Chilean bishop calls for Christians to be permitted to infect the neighbors they love with Covid19.

What color was the real imaginary Jesus?

UN Report on the Use of Shari’a as religious justification for murdering LGBTI Persons. Strange that Tony Perkins is the vice chair of that report.

When it comes to filling out a census form be sure to tick “no religion”.

There is no need to define people by their unbelief. If the entire human race woke up tomorrow without any religious beliefs, we would not be a planet of unbelievers, heretics or even atheists. We are slowly getting to that point but the process is rather complex.

This week’s Woo:  Food is not medicine.

Environment: Three key things a climate scientist learned during COVID.

Three entirely new lifeforms discovered on space station.

When did the “Age of Humans” begin and what role could lightning have played in creating life?

The science behind how our brains shape reality and what would happen to our understanding of reality if the Standard Model was demolished? Is Consciousness everywhere?

Six fabulous facts about the Standard Model.

The role of CRISPR in future pandemics.

Long Reads: Finding books to read during wartime. Science goes rogue, by Lawrence Krauss. Nobody regrets not reading War and Peace if they have only have one more day to live.

This week I will read this book: Mine! How the hidden rules of ownership control our lives.

Some photographs taken last week. World nature photography awards.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video:  The world’s dumbest Creationist. Teach girls bravery, not perfection. RIA Hamilton Lecture 2020 on the Cosmic Distance Ladder.

Have a great week everybody!

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

(my first COVID shot now scheduled 5th April!)

Ivy
    Participant

I got my first yesterday! Woohoo! We’re going to get through this!

Glad to hear it. Most of my family – some are front line health workers – have had theirs. I should have mine soon even though I already know that Bill Gates is a very nice man.

Just read that a guy tried and failed to parachute from the 14th floor of a building in Panama City Beach. I often stay on the 14th floor of the block beside it!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Just read that a guy tried and failed to parachute from the 14th floor of a building in Panama City Beach. I often stay on the 14th floor of the block beside it!

Did the man think that jumping from the 13th floor would be bad luck, but jumping from one floor higher would be all right?  Did someone not tell him that 32 feet per second = 32 feet per second either way??  And that ground does not give regardless of how high you fall on it???

🤪🙈🙉🙊

As with that not-to-be-named man in Atlanta, the words of Voltaire apply:

“Those who can be made to believe in absurdities can be made to commit atrocities.”

And it also applies to chosen absurdities and atrocities as well.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

And no, Pope, that is not Whataboutism, that is Whatthefuckism. 😁

_Robert_
    Participant

Probably still thinking he was pretty clever as he passed the 9th floor but by the 5th or 4th he knew it was gonna be all over.

So far so gooooooooood……..until the ground broke his fall! The back of the hotel is on the beach front but at that height it would not matter how soft the sand is.

Ivy
    Participant

That is so sad poor dude

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.