Sunday School

Sunday School December 2nd 2018

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christians and their never ending persecution complex! It began with the Romans and today it’s the War on Christmas. Yeah, sure it is, just ask the military. What does their “Slave Bible” say about persecution?

What? You are still a Catholic!!

Can you spot any fallacies and debunk any of this article on the merits of religion?

This weeks’ Woo: Pseudoscience is bad for a nation’s health.

Climate Change: Deniers, the deluded 3% as more records are broken.

It has been discovered that mitochondrial DNA is passed down from the father too. It was also discovered that our genetics only have a 7% influence on longevity (note: source for this to follow). The rest is environmental. But that will change as the first CRISPR babies are born.

Quantum Mechanics is not rocket science.

Buddhist philosophy is full of contradictions but is that a good thing? Maybe it depends on who the Dear Leader is.

Shakespeare, snowflakes and trigger warnings.

How to measure all the starlight in the Universe.

Most of us will have been asked “But how do you find meaning and morality in life with a God?”

Chaos makes the Multiverse unnecessary.

T.S. Elliot used coffee spoons but these men only had teaspoons to map out their daily lives.

Please consider signing this petition.

This week I am reading this book: Through a Glass Brightly.

Some photographs taken last week. Start your Advent calendar here!

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video:  Emily no longer gaslights reality. The life cycle of a neutron star. Natural Selection simulation.

Have a great week everyone!!

“It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere…. Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”

Albert Einstein (1930).

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

_Robert_
    Participant

Great stuff, Reg.

I do love any reference to the war on xmas…such entertainment !

Great picture Robert. I have my crib up early this year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.