Sunday School

Sunday School September 29th 2019

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

May the Force be with New Zealand as the number of non-religious overtakes that of Christians.

A look at global non-religious persecution.

A new documentary follows Pastafarians as we strain for recognition. More of this! Ramen!

Christians hold protest in front of UN against forced conversion in Pakistan.

Liar for Jesus, Robert Jeffress claims that there is no such thing as a separation of church and state in the US Constitution.

This weeks’ Woo: Super foods or Super fads?

Climate Crisis: Here’s what happens to our planet between 1.5°C and 2°C of global warming in the Anthropocene Era.

Angels and the Digital Afterlife: Death and non-religion online.

I linked this about causal fallacies arguments elsewhere but it is worth checking out the sidebar topics too.

The consciousness illusion and see also TED video below. How affected are you by the Mandela Effect?

A theoretical physicist and his thought experiment.

Can the Humanities help the Robots and will they know where to find Wonder?

Political philosophy and philosophical liberalism reach for enlightenment.

Long Read: We didn’t stand a chance against opioids.

A book defending Free Speech has been pulled from publication.

This week I am reading this book: Year of the Monkey.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video:  TED: Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality. Richard Feynman: “Take the World from another Point of View”. Potholer and The story of Earth in 33 minutes.

Have a great week everyone!!

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn’t work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

– Emo Philips.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

A book defending Free Speech has been pulled from publication.

I think that the author is being a bit disingenuous, or he’s not telling us the whole story.  The publishers said it would be illegal in the UK under incitement to racial hatred laws, but I think that Flynn hasn’t said why.

I wonder if it’s the usual story of “says something disturbing” “throws up hands in mock horror at resulting outrage”.

I think that the author is being a bit disingenuous, or he’s not telling us the whole story.

I would prefer to read it and make up my own mind than to have a censor decide on my behalf.

Free Speech 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.