Sunday School

Sunday school October 4th 2020

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

The tragic politicization of Religion.

Bill Barr is a dangerous man. But what happens to citizens’ rights if Mike Pence becomes the puppet master of the theocracy?

People of Praise scrubs all references to Amy Coney Barrett from its website.

It is now time that the Secularists reclaimed power.

Atheists sue Alabama over ‘so help me God’ voter registration oath.

Michael Nugent of Atheist Ireland writes a letter to Trinity College for cancelling a Dawkins visit at one of the worlds oldest student debate societies.

True believers don’t have a monopoly on awe. Atheists feel it, too.

This weeks’ Woo:  The pseudoscience of hypnosis.

Climate Crisis: Greenland is about to lose ice faster than any time since the last ice age.

The Prosperity Gospel of Coronavirus response.

Some new research on the subjective experience of Time and some more on Time Travel without the pesky paradoxes. But what is Time doesn’t even have a direction?

Conservative unease with science is global, but extreme in the US.

Hubble Space Telescope watches stunning supernova fade over a full year.

How big can a fundamental particle be?

Beyond the “Fermi’s Paradox”: What is the Firstborn Hypothesis?

Long Reads:  How shouting, finger-waving girls became our conscience. The real Deep State is Trump. How superspreading is fueling the pandemic— and how we can stop it. Replicating Milgram; A study on why people commit evil deeds.  What can the fact of our existence teach us about the Universe?

This week I am ordering this book: How Humanity came to contemplate its possible extinction.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video: Unpatriotic History with Betty Bowers. Every seven years I include a cat video. The Infinite Pattern That Never Repeats. Happy International Blasphemy Rights Day!

Have a great week everyone!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.