Apocalyptica

Homepage Forums Theism Apocalyptica

This topic contains 46 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

PopeBeanie

This is not for when you’re having a bad day, unless you’re still feeling strong. I’ve been feeling pretty dark recently, with the covid + fire & smoke + Trump and Cult45 uprisings, and am wondering if maybe some embracing of darkness could confer some immunity to it? Kind of the opposite to what most therapists would recommend, for sure.

To start, I’ll recommend Bahram Ansari’s youtube channel, that pointed me to the following video (less than four minutes long) produced by The Lincoln Project:

Ivy
    Participant

He’s the antichrist if there ever was one

I have nothing but contempt now for the leadership of the Evangelicals. They are all liars for Jesus. Many are just white nationalists. The rest are too busy counting their tax free income to care about their neighbors. They are a disgrace to “ordinary descent Christians”.  But then again all religions get to that place eventually so there is no point expecting anything better from them. Project Blitz has taken on a life of its own now.

Ivy
    Participant

I never used to think that it was so bad, but now I see that it really is. I used to think that people should be entitled to their beliefs, and that you can’t blame evangelical Christians for some of the problems we see going on. And it’s really just each individual person. Donald Trump has really changed that for me. I have seen how our country has gone from relatively stable and sane, at least it seems that way during the Obama years. Things felt peaceful. Even if it wasn’t really peaceful, at least I felt safe. I no longer feel safe in this country, not by a long shot. And I have seen people who I love dearly pretty much turn into monsters. Turn into people that I think to myself, “Who are you? How can you say those things?” I think what has been the most shocking to me is not only seeing the lies that are being spread, and witnessing them being believed on a massive scale, but it has been a real eye-opener to see people actually buying into it, people who I never would’ve thought would be that stupid. People that I never would have guessed would’ve actually been that racist. I guess the one good thing that has come out of this entire ordeal with Donald Trump being president is that people are now showing their true colors. I think it’s possible that people were always this way. He has just empowered them to actually speak on it. So now you know what it is that you’re facing. No more sugarcoated reality. And so I guess if they could be that bold and forthright about their hatred, misogyny, bigotry, etc. that I have no qualms about telling them to go fuck themselves because they’re stupid, and yes I hope they all die of the coronavirus. It would serve them goddamn right. Let them go ahead and catch the virus thinking that it’s a hoax and they don’t have to wear a mask like everybody else. Like this guy who came into a grocery store in Seattle with a gun because he was pissed off that they were asking him to wear a mask. Things are getting out of control. So yeah I’ll be honest when I say that I hope this virus kills every last one of these stupid motherfuckers. Survival of the fittest at its finest.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Ivy.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Ivy.

jakelafort
    Participant

Good rant Ivy.

Davis
    Participant

Indeed +1 for Ivy

Ivy
    Participant

It’s official. I’m getting my passport and visa and bouncing out of this bitch. Dictator orange Hitler has essentially just done exactly what I knew he would. He steamrolled over Biden with his truck of lies. And unfortunately – too many stupid people are going to believe him.

jakelafort
    Participant

But Ivy he asked supremacists to stand by. That is not alarming, right?

That was some entertainment. We watched the bully make Wilson the soccer ball appear old, senile, confused, uncertain, incoherent and effete. Not only did he fail to stand up to Trump’s bullying and interruptions with one exception but he missed opportunity after opportunity to undermine Trump’s fitness to lead and competence.

Ivy
    Participant

@jakelafort

But Ivy he asked supremacists to stand by. That is not alarming, right?

yes it is very alarming. And should be a big glowing red flag in front of everybody’s face. That was a very intentional slight. That was no mistake. He did not stutter. There he is, the so-called leader of the free world or whatever the fuck you want to call it… Inciting violence on the presidential debate stage. Because he knows they’re idiots dumb enough to read between the lines and take that as a green light to act on their hatred with violence. The way that he performed tonight was so predictable. And I don’t think that Joe Biden is capable of handing his ass back to him. Kamala Harris? Maybe. But she is debating Pence, not Trump. This night pretty much sealed our fate in what I had feared most, but predicted is going to happen and IS happening. Trump is going to lie, steal and cheat his way to a second term….regardless of the outcome if it looks to be against his favor he will cry “not fair” and claim voter fraud – probably get away with it, dddrrrraaaagggg it out as lllloooonnnng as possible until he wins. And if he doesn’t need to do that because he actually does win then he will say all is good because HE was in charge. The one person who got it right – his beloved son in law Jared – said to understand Trump, study the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. No joke. And he’s right. Trump will say anything….to keep people – his base – loyal. And dare I say – loyal to the grave. There’s a LLLLOOOOTTTT of people who believe totally wrong information. Watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix if you haven’t – totally what we’re seeing happen…anyway…..

we are…FUCKED

Ivy
    Participant

I don’t know…..maybe it’s just me. Having been prey to predators my whole life I’ve learned to see their lies…..and so I can call bullshit 10 football fields away….unless you’ve become accustomed to the charming acts of a psychopath you don’t see them til they gotcha and by then it’s too late……Trump has got a LOT of people wrapped up tight in his alternative reality….it’s SOOOO sad to see. I see right through him. He is going to (correction) he already has started a civil war. We are IN civil war. We just don’t know it yet.

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, Biden is so far gone. I have no idea how he would have done at age 30, 40, 50 or 60 but at this point his brain is disintegrating.

It is such a joke to evaluate Trump’s claims as though they are ideas worthy of debate-as though he is sincere and has concerns about it. His BS about voting fraud is a tactic, a strategy and ultimately a pretext to arrogate power.

You mentioned the Social Dilemma on Netflix. I am definitely going to watch. I listened to Sam Harris podcast called Welcome to the Cult Factory. Wow that was an eye opener for me. Add an additional danger to our existential crises.

Ivy
    Participant

The problem is Jakelafort that a LLLLOOOOTTTTT of people believe Trump. Like Trump…did u see? The “Proud Boys” after the debate saying “Standing by Sir.” And shit like that. Trump knows EXACTLY what he’s doing. It’s very intentional. Everything he said last night was to make his supporters happy and trust me – he did. My prediction (and I hope that I am wrong) is that he is going to win re-election. MAYBE…..MAYBE Kamala Harris can turn things around. But I seriously doubt it.

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, in case you did not get the connection between podcast i mentioned and social dilemma-the author or producer of Social Dilemma is the guest on the podcast. So damn skippy they believe it. They are in an alternate universe of alternate information. And whatever natural skepticism the hard core may have is obviated by the echo. And i agree that he played to his base big time. He made Biden look weak. But he needs independents and he needs left voters to stay home. I am guessing that he hurt his chances with independents. Sure he looks the more qualified dictator. But prez? However, in making Biden look so weak and in encouraging him to abjure the sacrosanct positions of the far left he may have made some progress. Unfortunately there are a great many left citizens who are ideologues and they equate the awfulness of the two sides and will refuse to vote. So how much erosion Trump caused is a key issue.

On the other hand he aint leaving voluntarily. He may try to use the Supremes to reverse the results of election. Failing that he will call on the good ole boys and their ilk stand up and come to Washington.

Ivy
    Participant

The real problem is the electoral college. Too many stupid people live in the swing states and THAT is something he KNOWS, and he’s been campaigning these last 4 years…yes there are some people who are sick of his shit and voting for Joe instead this time….but probably not quite enough. And certainly not enough to stand up to the scam he’s going to pull with regards to mail in voting.

Ivy
    Participant

@jakelafort

I had not made that connection but thank you for pointing it out…going to listen to that today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.