Does the JWST support Creation?

Homepage Forums Science Does the JWST support Creation?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

Einstein had a theory about relativity. Kaku Poopoo has ideas about ideas-Einstein wannabe. Wavy white hair and feigned pensive distant look of being lost in thought. Good bag. Cheap shoes. Looks like a rube.

Having said that i will take Kaku one thousand times before affable Uncle Bob the affable shingle salesman. Doctor Howard? Doctor Bob?

michael17
    Participant

michael17, i read a book or two by Kaku. Later i heard him say some shit that made me lose respect for his intellectual integrity and acuity. And now this shit. Kaku speaks caca poopoo. https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2022/07/06/michio_kakus_embarrassing_stance_on_ufos_840226.htm

<li style=”text-align: center;”>Certainly in the realm of possibilities white haired Michio is on the deep end. Watch another respected gentleman go on the deep end by virtue of his white hair.When your hair turns white, quickly construct a tin  hat!https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8kpiq
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

michael17, i read a book or two by Kaku. Later i heard him say some shit that made me lose respect for his intellectual integrity and acuity. And now this shit. Kaku speaks caca poopoo. https://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2022/07/06/michio_kakus_embarrassing_stance_on_ufos_840226.htm

<li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <li style=”text-align: center;”>Certainly in the realm of possibilities white haired Michio is on the deep end. Watch another respected gentleman go on the deep end by virtue of his white hair.When your hair turns white, quickly construct a tin hat!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8kpiq

That was tongue in cheek post.  But is how paradigms  are perpetuated, ostracize the brave academian.

michael17
    Participant

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvU9pnJ/

Angels?

“Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.”

jakelafort
    Participant

Funniest part of that tik tok was the last line…”before we were even civilized”

Meanwhile our clock goes tik tok, tik tok as we approach extinction and continue to argue about Ukraine and the various issues of the moment without trying something new. Yahoos? Yeah quite so Swift.

@jakelafortYahoos? Yeah quite so Swift.

They might take that comment as an ad Houyhnhnm.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Doesn’t matter how satirical, clever or logical you are-ya ain’t gonna make a dent in the world view of michael17. The truth of the mythology is assumed and anything contradicting it is processed in his brain in a way consistent with the preservation of the mythology. I am not sure anyone could change Enco’s ideology either.

Asserting facts not found in evidence. Stick to your Randy of the Redwoods word-salad schtick, Jake.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Michael17,

But to answer your question the creator of all things both visible and invisible thus by implication “I Am”.

So…Popeye? 😁

True story: In an Old Testiment Literature class, the Professor Dr. Lichtman recounted the story of Moses and The Burning Bush in which JHVH-1 said to Moses his name “I Am What I Am.”

I then asked the Professor: ” Soooo…Is the Hebrew God like Popeye?” to the gasps of the predominantly Christian class members.

Without skipping a beat, the Professor smiled and she said: “Yes, and I am his Olive Oyl. He always has to rescue me!”. And a Proverbial fun time was had by all, or at least us two anyway. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️😁

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

They might take that comment as an ad Houyhnhnm.

It might cause an interspecies international incident involving their Ambassador to Humans.🐴😁

jakelafort
    Participant

Whoooaa Enco,

Word salad schtick?

I resemble that remark.

Of course, of course but he will only give me an answer that I endorse so that does not elevate our use of Reason that the swifter equines would endorse, of course.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

As long as there are no “Modest Proposals” made, I think we’ll ultimately all be safe. 😉

michael17
    Participant

Nice video on how confounded Big Bangers are.  And a High-Five to Creationist. (Not the 6000 years ago universal creationist). As there is evidence that a civiliation existed on earth 350 million years ago. I believe that more evidence will be unearthed in our lifetimes. Already unanomalous structures are detected in Anarctica on Google Earth. Anomalous structures are on the Moon as well.

https://youtu.be/Iwd5ZP34jnY

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Michael17,

The video you showed was about discoveries about the Universe and The Big Bang supposedly by the JWST, not about civilizations on Earth 350 million years ago. And whatever JWST may refute about The Big Bang, does not prove the Creationist account of a Universe spoken into existence by a Supernatural God.

I will give you credit for not using Greasy Kid’s Stuff TikTok this time, but still no cigar.

PopeBeanie

Randy of the Redwoods word-salad schtick

Word salad schtick? I resemble that remark.

Michael17, I hope you can forgive this diversion. I will come back to your topic shortly.

I had to look up Randy. (AKA/actually “Randee”.) My family missed out on a lot of programs like that, since we hardly ever subscribed to cable TV. While I still made sure that my kids could appreciate PeeWee Herman on DVDs and kid shows — was it PBS? — in spite of the culture at that time cancelling him for some of his “public” behavior. (No, I did not expose, err alert my kids to that news. Hmm, now that I look back at that, it seems a lot funnier now than it seemed at the time. I should ask my grown up kids if they had any clue about those times. Other than about his comic genius.)

So as always, searching for relevance, and humor when possible, Enco’s remark made me wonder what kind of reaction I can get out of ChatGPT if I copy/paste some of Jake’s “word salad” into it. So for a quick Retrospective on Prose of Jake, all I had to do was go here: https://atheistzone.com/members/jakelafort/

Apologies if I misunderstood the intended meaning of “word salad”. Anyway, now for the Divine Order of ChatGPT (aka chat.openai.com) analyses of the Prose of Jake (or should we say Jacob?):

ME: Can you comment on the following two works of prose:
    (1)
    God makes his plan.
    The information is unavailable to the common man.
    Reconnoiter with a goiter.
    Nonhodgkins lymphoma.
    Not a good diploma.
    For oft when on the couch i lie in vacant or in pensive mood that Fucker Tucker comes across the screen
    causing me to sniff gasoline.
    That is how it looks from here sports fans.

ChatGPT
    This first work of prose appears to be a blend of abstract, informal, and somewhat playful language. It starts with a reference to divine planning and the inaccessibility of this information to ordinary people. This notion sets a tone of mystery and transcendence.
    The second line introduces medical terms like “goiter” and “Nonhodgkin’s lymphoma,” which contrast with the previous line’s religious theme. The mention of “not a good diploma” implies that these health issues are not desirable qualifications.

The next lines reference the introspective act of lying on a couch, with the intrusion of a figure named “Fucker Tucker” on the screen. This character seems to provoke a negative response, causing the speaker to “sniff gasoline.” This could suggest a desire to escape or numb oneself from the unpleasant presence.

The closing line, “That is how it looks from here sports fans,” is colloquial and conversational. This line invites readers to relate to the speaker’s perspective, while also acknowledging the subjectivity of their viewpoint.

ME:
    (2)

Cogitoergoiaintenco, to Looney Tunes he swoons.
    To libertarianism he croons.
    To the stimulus check he moons.
    To theists he lampoons

ChatGPT
    The second piece of prose is characterized by wordplay, cultural references, and political themes. The first line, “Cogitoergoiaintenco,” is a playful modification of “cogito, ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am) by René Descartes. It suggests a philosophical background for the speaker.

The following lines present the speaker’s attitudes towards various topics. They display affection for Looney Tunes, an enthusiasm for libertarianism, and a disdain for stimulus checks. The speaker also mocks theists, revealing a critical stance towards religious beliefs.

This piece demonstrates the author’s ability to engage with a variety of themes while employing a playful and creative use of language. The tone is light-hearted and satirical, inviting readers to reflect on the speaker’s opinions and the topics they address.

————————

ME:
    Oh, snap! What did pee wee herman do that got him into so much trouble?

ChatGPT, to be continued? I actually asked, and got a good answer.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: added references to PeeWee
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.