It’s too much

Homepage Forums Politics It’s too much

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

I have tried to stay connected with what’s going on in the world but I’m starting to think that is not only counterproductive to my health but really detrimental to it. I’m thinking about unplugging from… Pretty much all social media except for Reg’s Sunday School Class. 😂 It seems like staying in formed comes with a certain amount of daily toxicity and stress that my body just can’t handle any more. It’s too much. Watching Mike Pence stand up there and just lie every step of the way, and just gas light Kamala Harris, and now this female governor being kidnapped by a militia group? What the fuck. This country really is dangerous now, and it’s dangerous to be a woman, a minority in this country. I’m dealing with stuff from my job also and it’s all just too much. It is to the point where I am seriously thinking about buying a gun so that if some stupid militia group rolls through my neighborhood I have a way to protect my child.

99% of people are good honest folk. The news only reports good news at the end of all the bad news it runs with.  A good idea is not to read the news first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I recently spoke with some people living in an expensive suburb of Atlanta. They all thought “crime” was the top issue for their local politicians to tackle.

That confused me somewhat. I asked them about their first hand experiences of crime in the locality. None of them could give an example.  That is because there is no crime worth mentioning in the area. They were not suffering from crime, only from the fear of crime, from which they had worked themselves up into a frenzy about. One of them was considering a course of medication for “her nerves”. This delusion was totally derived from reading the extremist click bait news sites.

Good to know the FBI was on the Gov. Whitmer case so quickly. Whether or not they were inspired by President Trump or Timothy McVeigh, they are just outliers. But I do understand the sense of foreboding many people are experiencing.

BTW – Thanks for the Sunday School comment 🙂

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I don’t take much notice of the outlandish crap in the media etc.  Like Reg says, they only report bad news, and clickbait sells.

Unseen
    Participant

Ivy, certainly one of the main reasons Biden is so far ahead in the polls (avg. about 9%-10%) has to do with overload. Chaos overload. News overload. Bullshit overload.

Trump finally turned into his own worst enemy.

One factor in his downfall is the lucky (as it turns out) happenstance of Bernie being eliminated. Trump was drooling over the thought of portraying Bernie as a Communist (shades of the 1950’s). He’s tried to do it with Biden without success. His overbearing and rude debate performance convinced many Americans that Trump wasn’t well socialized enough to deserve one more term, so Biden got a sizeable debate “bump.”

I think I speak for a majority for Americans who  yearn to go back to a time when the President wasn’t headline hungry, always stirring the pot one way or another to keep his name in front of the people. A few days of being able to ignore Washington D.C. as the norm would be nice.

jakelafort
    Participant

Ordinarily i think acquiring a gun has more potential for harm than safety. But the circumstances are so volatile that i don’t feel that way presently. It is easy to see that the hand writing was on the wall after the fact. Even so we need not look too hard to find a great deal of scribbling.

His latest interview was his craziest rant so far. Calling Harris a commie and a monster?? What drugs did they put him on? Then even turning on Barr and Pence? He has completely lost the plot.

Ivy
    Participant

The thing is that even if we vote trump out (which I don’t think is going to happen but I think he’s going to cheat his way to reelection. He has already started his crazy tactics on how he’s going to cheat his way to reelection)….Even if we manage to vote Joe Biden in…Trump by himself is no longer and has never been just the solo problem. He’s a huge problem, but he’s actually the symptom of a much larger problem that is not going away. And these militia groups are going to start becoming the norm in the United States. It’s becoming a place where not only is it unsafe to go outside because of the virus and people’s lack of proper conduct to prevent spreading it in most places, but also a country where you just don’t wanna get caught up in the crossfire of whatever bullshit is going on. It seems like we really are in the midst of a Civil War, and people are believing stupid things from social media that’s really adding to this chaos. It’s like when does it end? Then you realize… It’s just getting started

Ivy
    Participant

I have decided that I am going to buy a gun and get the proper training on how to use it, and make sure that it is always away from my son and that he does not have access to it until he’s ready to learn how to properly use it. I may actually decide to train him on it now. I don’t know, but I think that having a fire arm would make us safer with proper training. It’s just going to be hard to get the training needed right now that everything is closed… So if somebody ever decides to come in our house, we will be ready. I already have a baseball bat and a couple of axes and a knife for self defense. But… It doesn’t seem like enough for some reason. It’s not enough. You can’t bring an ax to a gun fight

Unseen
    Participant

His latest interview was his craziest rant so far. Calling Harris a commie and a monster?? What drugs did they put him on? Then even turning on Barr and Pence? He has completely lost the plot.

It gets worse. Look at this.

Ivy
    Participant

Unseen
    Participant

We’re heading into a period I remember well, because I’m of a certain age, when in European countries mainly—Italy and Germany come to mind—there was a spate of high-profile kidnappings-for-ransom and kidnap-murders.

Ivy
    Participant

@unseen what period is that?

whats the best gun to have for self protection?

PopeBeanie

Call me naive, but it looks to me like a Trump meltdown. Now he’s attacking his own loyal minions, and that’s after he’s gotten them infected.

This saga has turned from Reality Show to Unreality Show. I’ve been shocked repeatedly by the extent of President McNasty’s open hating against progressives and tacit encouragement of supremacists to come out of their closets, but now that he’s on a rampage to blame everyone around him, I think the majority of humanity in USA would have to be mentally ill and/or Cult45 wannabes to keep supporting this guy in his demented state.

Ivy
    Participant

@popebeanie

You would be shocked. There are a lot of people who still support him, or a lot of people who may not exactly support in but who are still either not going to vote at all or going to vote for him because they will not vote for Biden. Don’t let the polls fool you. It’s the electoral college that matters in those areas he’s still winning. He is beyond popular more than ever among his supporters. To them he can do no wrong. Plus they’re believing a lot of lies and conspiracy theories… They don’t know the truth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.