Suppose It’s All True?

Homepage Forums Atheism Suppose It’s All True?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Strega

@matt thank you for including the unicorns

Diane
    Participant

I was chased by a rogue Fronkey once – it was quite amusing. I wouldn’t have cared much but with that giant sticky tongue and long legs it almost got me.  Or do they have froggy legs and donkey ears? Wait… are Fronkeys frogs and monkeys? If they are I have no idea what was chasing me. It’s a good thing I don’t do drugs any more.

Whatever you do Diane, DO NOT let them lick you or you will spend the weekend like “The Dude” just dropping in to see what condition your condition is in. I am now in a terminal flashback loop. Here is more info including some input from an old friend of ours. BTW, every Fronkey is a rogue.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Great story, Reg! May I copy & spread it around?

Sure. I was thinking of migrating it over to TZ.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Thanks!

I’m on Atheist Universe & Atheist Nexus, & Atheist Republic under different usernames, but was also thinking of emailing it to friends.

I hang out at some of those places at times too. Feel free to email it to any creationists you might know!!

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Hahaha……I don’t know any that I’m aware of.

Matt
    Participant

@strega, It’s always bothered me that the bible talks about unicorns…. but are they like, horses with a horn, or are they just rhinos? Who knows !??!

John Phillip
    Spectator

If it were all true, I would gallop away on my tame unicorn and go live with the Fronkeys in Reg’s back yard. We would feast on rainbow loaves and cuddle with the flying elephants that visited.

It’s all giggles and condescension here on earth, isn’t it Strega.  You won’t be so smartass when you face the Maker of Heaven and Earth.  Design is ubiquitous, and atheists have the supreme, indeed infinite fantasy that everything made itself out of nothing.  Stephen Hawking insists “all you need to get started is gravity.”    Really? Is that “all”?  And whence came gravity, with its astonishing precision?

I suggest you all watch an hour or two of lectures by Professor John Lennox of Oxford University, where he addresses the correspondence between science and the Holy Bible, and the absurd arguments made by Richard Dawkins, Stephen Hawking, and all the rest of the “ha ha” crowd, “I’m galloping away on my tame unicorn.”

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@johnphillip – I do agree that Richard Dawkins pretty much talks junk on the subject of religion.

You won’t be so smartass when you face the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

– have you heard this saying?

“You can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad.”

– Adlai Stevenson II (1900-1965)

In other words, it’s not plausible that God would give a flying f*** that Strega said that.  I’m pretty sure He would be able to rise above it; in fact, it would probably make Him chuckle.

_Robert_
    Participant

The same Professor John Lennox,  who in a debate with Dawkins makes the argument from ignorance and personal credulity over and over? No thanks. 10 seconds listening to that guy is 10 seconds wasted.

_Robert_
    Participant

Dawkins calls religion what it is….a belief in magic. Anybody who studies that bullshit has wasted their life.

Strega

@renaissanceman (aka John Phillip)  May I point out to you that joining an Atheist forum and asking/telling us/me that I will be sorry when I bump into your mighty creator vassilates between a child running up and ringing a doorbell as a prank, and an act of aggression against people not of your faith.

Neither is particularly becoming for an adult (which I’m still assuming you are).  Does your church teach you to do this?  Does your version of Jesus encourage you in this respect?  Is it all ‘neener neener’ stuff that makes you feel closer to your deity?

Im sorry I was late responding to you, but I was out delivering warm clothes from my closet to the homeless in my area.  Not because I think it will buy me a stairway to heaven, simply because it’s the sort of thing decent people do, irrespective of what spirituality they follow.

Perhaps you could try to redirect some of your energy to doing something a little more practical than throwing Jesus threats at people who bracket him in the same cluster as Santa and the Easter Bunny.  Actually, the latter two are better role models, but that’s neither here nor there.

I do not attend people’s churches so I can stand up and denigrate their business.  I make my atheist comments here on an atheist forum. Please try to include a little courtesy when you are visiting a place that does not conform to your own beliefs.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Strega.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Strega.

John Phillip
    Spectator

@johnphillip May I point out to you that joining an Atheist forum and asking/telling us/me that I will be sorry when I bump into your mighty creator vassilates (sic) (vacillates) (So much for you being so very “bright”.)   between a child running up and ringing a doorbell as a prank, and an act of aggression against people not of your faith.   (However it is profoundly giggly and amusing for you to invoke tame unicorns and such, and then laugh derisively.   What daunting hypocrisy you possess.)  Neither is particularly becoming for an adult (which I’m still assuming you are). Does your church teach you to do this? Does your version of Jesus encourage you in this respect? Is it all ‘neener neener’ stuff that makes you feel closer to your deity? Im (sic) sorry I was late responding to you, but I was out delivering warm clothes from my closet to the homeless in my area. Not because I think it will buy me a stairway to heaven, simply because it’s the sort of thing decent people do, irrespective of what spirituality they follow. Perhaps you could try to redirect some of your energy to doing something a little more practical than throwing Jesus threats at people who bracket him in the same cluster as Santa and the Easter Bunny. Actually, the latter two are better role models, but that’s neither here nor there. I do not attend people’s churches so I can stand up and denigrate their business. I make my atheist comments here on an atheist forum. Please try to include a little courtesy when you are visiting a place that does not conform to your own beliefs.

—————-

I will accord you all the “courtesy” you do to Christians as you giggle away with “tame unicorns” and the like.  tee hee.

“Let him who hath no sword sell his garment and buy one.”   Don’t preach Christianity to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.