The Power of Prayer

Homepage Forums Atheism The Power of Prayer

This topic contains 245 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)
  • Author

John Phillip
    Spectator

Wow Belle, that’s incredible. All you have to do is provide a convincing argument (probably including evidence) and you’ll make a lot of us believers overnight!

No, Matt, nobody can “make a lot of (you) believers overnight!” because you reject anything contrary to your magical fantasies, viz. that nothing made everything and you are wise because you believe as much.

Atheist arguments are shallow and ignorant.  They have been repeated and giggled at by you and your friends ad nauseum, and nothing ever changes.  Atheists pretend to be smarter, and tell everyone so.

Atheists reject facts and give plausible but shallow reasons for rejecting facts and science.  This began with the Darwinian pretense that all animals “evolved” from one common ancestor.  So what need for God, eh?  How scientifically convenient.  Except that Darwinian evolution is a hoax in search of evidence and it opened the doors to atheism on a large and pseudo-scientific scale.

Now we have physicists seriously stating that there is an infinite number of universes, and expecting gullible followers to swallow it.  Meanwhile we don’t know everything about anything and all the additional science research only serves to push the horizons further back.  This is not the argument from incredulity, but rather the persistent observation from scientists.

Hi John, What facts do we atheists reject? Please don’t just make sweeping statements like most Christians do. You do not seem to understand Evolution either. Support what you say with evidence.

John Phillip
    Spectator

Hi John, What facts do we atheists reject? Please don’t just make sweeping statements like most Christians do. You do not seem to understand Evolution either. Support what you say with evidence.

Fact:  Science and Christianity are NOT incompatible.   The sweeping statement to the contrary, made by the overwhelming majority of atheists is unsupportable.

Fact: You atheists always claim that anyone deigning to challenge a 160-year-old hypothesis, which has been the subject of so very many fabrications and lies, “doesn’t understand it” and “is stupid” .  Your blanket statements are unsupportable and condescending.

Fact:  Christians are happier and give more to charities, religious and secular, give more to family and friends, donate more of their own time, and give more blood than atheists and Leftists do.  For this we are maligned by the claim “ignorance is bliss,” which further implies that “brights” are exceptionally smart and the rest of the world is terminally stupid.

This is part of a list which is a long one that has been repeated ad nauseum by atheists.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@john Phillip – I agree that there are plenty of atheists who claim that religious people are lacking in intelligence, however, there are plenty of others, myself included, who think this is immature and dumb.

Fact: Science and Christianity are NOT incompatible.  The sweeping statement to the contrary, made by the overwhelming majority of atheists is unsupportable.

– actually, the standard view amongst atheists / scientists is that Science and Christianity are not compatible.  So you must have been misinformed that this is what we think.  However, I can demonstrate logically (if you believe in evolution) that they are, in the deepest sense, fully compatible.

Fact: You atheists always claim that anyone deigning to challenge a 160-year-old hypothesis, which has been the subject of so very many fabrications and lies, “doesn’t understand it” and “is stupid” .  Your blanket statements are unsupportable and condescending.

– it’s true that pretty much every atheist would think that refusing to believe in the theory of evolution is a very dumb position.  Calling someone stupid for that would be considered rude.  But to us, it’s like disbelieving in Newton’s Laws of Physics.  You can see that that would look pretty silly to us.

It is quite possibly true that religious people (in its truest sense) are happier than non-religious people.  I agree that it’s silly for atheists to write this off as delusional.

That “brights” thing annoys me as well.  Some of the “brights” I consider to be flat-out idiots (*cough* Peter Singer), but others I really like, such as Frans de Waal and Jessica Pierce.  Those two are basically nature researchers, and Jessica Pierce is an excellent moral philosopher on top of that.

John Phillip
    Spectator

I will read nothing else from Simon, who has wasted too much of my time already.

“Go from the presence of a foolish man.”

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Do not read this.

Viewing 6 posts - 241 through 246 (of 246 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.