Two days, no activity

Homepage Forums Small Talk Two days, no activity

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

Why? Is AZ dying?

Davis
    Participant

Ehhh. Pretty close to Christmas time. Busy time. Why don’t you start a conversation?

Just back in Dublin after a few days in  California. Everyone I hung out with was an atheist. Maybe “anti-theist” is a more apt description.

_Robert_
    Participant

The day there is no need for AZ will be a great day.

Unseen
    Participant

Ehhh. Pretty close to Christmas time. Busy time. Why don’t you start a conversation?

I started one on jokes I thought would be fun. I’ll go put up another joke there.

Matt
    Participant

Personally, there’s alot about AZ that’s worse (imo) than TA was. The biggest of which is the lack of threaded conversations. It makes replying to people a much less precise activity and it has really put a big damper on my activity on the site. Mostly, I just come for Reg’s Sunday School these days.

PopeBeanie

the lack of threaded conversations

I, too, wish we could display nested threads, although not as much as I use to wish. AZ “flat” style presentation is more linear in time, and much easier to follow when all one wants to do is catch up on what’s happened since they were last here, in an overview kind of perspective. The one thing I hated about some nested sub-nested threads (and sub-sub-nested threads and so on) was how they so often got repetitive, argumentative, and maze-like. But yeah, good threads remained non-repetitive, civil, and followable.

Meanwhile, I use the technique we see in this thread (at the top of this reply), which is to highlight (i.e. select) the text in someone’s post, then click on the Quote button to highlight and respond to that particular part of the post. We can also alert a member to any post, like this: @mattclerke .

(I expect to learn more about WordPress and browser plugins that could help. A more graphical way to display how posts link to each other and highlight which posts one hasn’t read yet may be ideal, improving on both AZ and TA type threading styles.)

#PB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.