Which nationalities consider religion most important

Homepage Forums Theism Which nationalities consider religion most important

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  JadeBlackOlive 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

When you drive from Ottaws to NYC…most go via upper New York state. It is depressing land and unfriendly Hicks. To Boston is via NH which is insanely cheap gas for Canadians but otherwise meh. But I always chose via Vermont and took multiple long detours sometimes getting lost. Very beautoful territory all year long. Nothing but super friendly people. We got lost…first place we saw was a rural fire station. The invited me to join them on the couches where they were playing console games and offered me pizza. Everyone in their 20s and smoking hot. They printed off a map and showed us how to get back on track. In a cafe in Middleburg, our neighbouring table just interrupted us and started talking (something that takes some getting used to). Asking us lots of questions and spilling the beans on their whole life story. In most shops people were very nice, had virtual Canadian accents and had nat. public radio playing in the background. If it weren’t for all the American flags on people’s front yards…you’d never know. They also have a very european style social assistance by US standards. Didn’t see a single visible minority. Not even when I passed through the airport once (where they were very friendly). Quite a white place. I wonder why.

Umm… “smoking hot” or “smoking pot”? Just a curious thing for you to say unless you are gay, which wouldn’t bother me at all. LOL

jakelafort
    Participant

Just checked and the population of VT is shrinking-2nd least populous state in USA to Wyoming. 94.5 percent white…that is ridiculous! Least religious state but 5th highest percentage of divorced-this is what happens without the LORDaaaaaa in your life! 42,00o sapiens in the capital…holy horse feathers.

Why are there so few non-whites? I aint gonna improve the stats when i move there.

jakelafort
    Participant

Strega

Jake I think Vermont has a farming community bias. We have workers who come to help during the harvest time, but they don’t contribute to the population census as they are transitory. A huge element of those farming communities are family based.

In addition, there are quite a lot of people of mixed race, and I don’t know how these are characterized in the census. But I can definitely say I’ve never come across racism or bigotry in public. What people believe or revile, tends to be kept within the home.

jakelafort
    Participant

Strega, I was trying to figure it out. Checked on racial covenants in deeds and only saw one article. There was an attorney who purchased a home in Burlington and noticed a racial covenant against blacks. (legally unenforceable) But that is not much of an indictment since racial covenants were prevalent throughout the USA to deny jews and blacks from purchasing real estate in super duper white christian neighborhoods. Also Vermont had a ban on slavery in its constitution in 1777 although not surprisingly there are historical records such as bills of sales that show the authorities looked the other way.

As far as migrant farm workers i think they are all over. I suppose they work for less but make more here than they could for same work at home. A few years ago i was running through a tobacco field and this ramshackle bus pulls alongside me and beyond and then these poor bastards in tatters are catching an earful from some white prick cuz they are not moving fast enough. I often see workers here in CT working in the hot sun and think oh man that is rough work.

It looks like there is however a major issue with blacks being racially profiled in Vermont. Here is one link. There are other articles on the topic with same message.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2017/01/09/study-vermont-police-stop-search-black-

drivers-more-than-whites

Davis
    Participant

Unseen, everyone of these Vermont firemen belonged in a firefighter’s calendar. I’m 185 cm (6 foot 1/2 inch) and 80kg (176 pounds) and I was the smallest guy in the room. As an extreme bonus, they were amicable and friendly . It is extremely unattractive…some “too cool for school” bros sitting around doing nothing but insulting/ragging-on each other all day and competing to be captain awesome. And yes, they had a dog that ran around and played with them. Which is extremely attractive.

Unseen
    Participant

Unseen, everyone of these Vermont firemen belonged in a firefighter’s calendar. I’m 185 cm (6 foot 1/2 inch) and 80kg (176 pounds) and I was the smallest guy in the room. As an extreme bonus, they were amicable and friendly . It is extremely unattractive…some “too cool for school” bros sitting around doing nothing but insulting/ragging-on each other all day and competing to be captain awesome. And yes, they had a dog that ran around and played with them. Which is extremely attractive.

LOL

I got clued in by another member who messaged me with “Davis is gay. You didn’t know? He’s pretty up front about it.” Sorry, I missed that. However, like I said, I really don’t care. But now I know you meant “smoking hot” and not “smoking pot.”

Davis
    Participant

LOL I thinking they were both smoking hot and pot. I would be very surprised if most of them don’t smoke pot at home. I smelt pot all over the place in Vermont. Although I’ve also been told random drug tests are VERY common at work in the USA.

Strega

Hey Davis, yes a huge number of Vermonters chuff quietly in their own homes. I believe it’s more common than alcohol usage. There have been some efforts to study the impact of legalizing weed – there was an expectation that there would be more driving impairment- so far that hasn’t been supported by numbers, but there isn’t a huge amount of useful data around.

I also read somewhere that opioid abuse appears to have lessened in the states where weed is legal. However, most of the stats come from Colorado, the first big door-opening on legalizing recreational weed, and so may have some other geographic activity skewing the results.

The thing that made me laugh, was completing my doctors intake form when I was setting up my health support system here. The two questions that stuck out were:-

1. Do you use marijuana?
    2. Do you abuse tobacco?

Hilarious. (How does one abuse tobacco?)

Davis
    Participant

How does one abuse tobacco?

I’d say during the first couple dates, you should NEG the cigarette. Give it a compliment that is actually a cricism like “wow usually only slim cigarettes would try wearing such a beautiful dress”. This is really helpful if you want to beat down it’s confidence and increase it’s anxiety. And then the next date toss some roofies into the cigarette’s drink and then drag it home (while it can still walk). Once home ravage the smoking paper off the cigarette and tossing the tobacco all over the bedroom showing the cigarette who is boss. Then begin a 5 year psycho-drama by confusing and gas-lighting the cigarette it until it no longer even remember its name or what year it is. That would probably fall under the field of tobacco abuse. I think the people of Vermont would be very concerned if it found out a potential employee had abused tobacco in such an unspeakable fashion!

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Davis.

@strega there was an expectation that there would be more driving impairment…

Once while under the influence of some excellent Kush we devised a plan to rob a pizza van but after an hour strategizing we decided none of us was fit enough to drive 🙂

Strega

I have tried to drive once, under the influence of weed.  This was not a good idea. First of all, I struggled to reach the breakneck speed of 25mph down my small road. It was as if G-forces were pulling my face back at this terrifying speed. Secondly, I reached the end of my road and couldn’t trust enough of a gap between cars passing, to move. Basically if I could see a car in the distance, I wouldn’t pull out. After a while I forgot where I was trying to go. I painfully maneuvered the car to go back up my road (at another hair raising 25mph).  Got home safely. Never again.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Strega.

Unseen
    Participant

Looks like I’m not the only one who doesn’t much like maryjane.

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

No, you’re not. I don’t use, & the stench is awful if I run across it.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.