Who am I?

Homepage Forums Theism Who am I?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of PopeBeanie PopeBeanie 2 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Boots
    David Boots
    Participant

I am an anti theist. Whereas I once ignored the religious I think the time has come to speak out against the intellectual dishonesty that is theism. But what sort of atheist am I? Can I assert there is no god? Look at these categories of atheists below.

1. There is no god and I am against any form of religious belief.
    2. There is no god.
    3. There is no evidence for god.
    4. I have not seen sufficient evidence for god’s existence.
    5. I don’t believe in god.
    6. I believe there is no god.
    7. I lack belief in god.

Who are you?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Profile photo of David Boots David Boots.
    Profile photo of Strega
    Strega

How about 8. I don’t even understand the definition of god

Profile photo of tom sarbeck
    tom sarbeck
    Participant

David, this is another attempt to herd cats.

In sixty years I’ve seen no evidence for the existence of any gods and I’m living as if I will never see evidence.

Profile photo of Davis
    Davis
    Participant

I’m careful to avoid anti-theist and I prefer the broader term anti-theism. Anti-theist has the connotation that you are anti-people-who-believe (of which many have no choice), whereas anti-theism has the connotation of being anti-world-view-of-God-believers (and the institutions and go along with it) and not necessarily the people in this position through little fault of their own. I am not so much one for anti-theism, but instead utterly horrified by theism and its many victims.

Profile photo of Belle Rose
    Belle Rose
    Participant

I don’t even recognize myself anymore…looking at all my old posts…wow…just wow…and I suddenly just can’t identify anymore. It’s really crazy.

Profile photo of Andrew Brown
    Andrew Brown
    Participant

You say so much about god. What is god?

Profile photo of Tom Sarbeck
    Tom Sarbeck
    Participant

What is god?
    1) A club used to beat weak-minded people into submission and then rob them.
    2) A form of artificial selection whose effects strong-minded people can nullify.

Profile photo of PopeBeanie
    PopeBeanie

What is god? 1) A club used to beat weak-minded people into submission and then rob them. 2) A form of artificial selection whose effects strong-minded people can nullify.

#Like

Makes much more sense than what those who invented God say!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.