Atheist Zone

How do I upload a photo from my computer to a forum post?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

The title says it all. The “img” option seems to restrict me to loading photos off the internet.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Unseen.

Strega

@unseen, I’m going to try to move this question over to the AZ Group (first time, thank you for allowing me to experiment on you muahaha)

Strega

@unseen. Yes, I’ll get back to you on that, @Umar may have better tools than me 🙂

Spectator

You have to save the photo first.

Unseen
    Participant

You have to save the photo first.

What do you mean? It’s already saved to my hard drive. How do I “save” it here on AZ?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Unseen.

Spectator

Right click copy / paste …or try the “img” button

Unseen
    Participant

Right click copy / paste …or try the “img” button

Let’s see if copy/paste works:

(nope)

The “img” button asks for a URL. No way to use it unless the photo has a web address.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  Unseen.

Spectator

If you got it off the internet, right click and then “copy url”…see if that works…i did it on my workout discussion no problem…I forget how I did it but…let me know if that works…

SteveInCO
    Participant

I’d like an answer to this too. The old site let you upload photos.

I can, if necessary, upload the photo to my blog, then reference it here (assuming wordpress will let me do so without my actually putting it in a post), but others don’t have that option.

Rebel
    Keymaster

Upload photo to any image hosting website like http://postimage.org/ and then use img link/button on text editor to add image.

There are third party solutions/plugins available that will let us upload photos directly to our server. I am trying to find the best. I shall update you here when i add such plugin.

@popebeanie added this line (to be deleted later): #pbTip

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: added @#popebeanie to use for Tip group

SteveInCO
    Participant

Umar, Two things:

1) I found out I can upload to the media library on my (dormant) blog (letreasonreign.wordpress.com) and reference them here. That’s an alternative to generic photo uploading sites (that oftentimes delete your photos after a while, resulting in a dead link here).

2) If you do go for a plugin, i suggest you ensure it doesn’t let people upload gigantic 6000×3000 pixel files (or shrinks them if they do) or you will rapidly run out of disk space. (I know WordPress blog software will shrink things.) If you can’t do that, please at least make sure it doesn’t send it out to browsers at that size!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  SteveInCO.

Rebel
    Keymaster

@steveinco

Yes, i am aware and will take care of such issues.

Nerdy Keith
    Participant

I usually just put the image on Flicker; then use the url from Flickr for the image.

Rebel
    Keymaster

I am working on it. You will soon be able to upload images to server and then insert them in replies.

There is some conflict with the theme. Theme author is trying to fix it.

PopeBeanie

Another option is to upload as a photo to you personal page, which assigns it to an URL on wp you can use. More details later, pending Umar’s final solution.

#pbTip this flagged line to be deleted when I’m done with it in Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.