Sunday School

Sunday School 6th February 2022

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jakelafort 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

God has moved to the Metaverse where he belongs. Now, to brush up on my hacking skills and have some fun.

Discriminating against atheists in Missouri.

While there are millions of atheists in Africa the vulgar religious continue to attack humanists in Nigeria.

The legal oppression of nonbelievers will escalate as Religion declines.

Another “Better News Club” is opened by the Satanic Temple to help children think for themselves.

A Florida House committee passed a bill seeking to ban discussions of sexuality and gender identity in schools.

Varieties of Atheism in Science.

Secular Americans are allies in the fight for racial justice.

World of Woo: Info Man and Goop Woman are “Just asking questions”.

Environment: Island States must bolster resilience to existential climate threats.

Next Saturday is Darwin Day.

Long Reads: I have been an atheist for so long that I have to be reminded how insidious religious indoctrination can be. The Dark Sky project in New Zealand and natural resource management worldwide can benefit everyone. What’s so hard about understanding consciousness that physics alone can’t explain it? Secrets of early animal Evolution revealed by chromosome ‘Tectonics’. The most successful forms of future knowledge will be those that harmonize the human dream of understanding with the increasingly obscure echoes of the machines.

Sunday Book Club: How the World Really Works.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video:  National Prayer Day is still Illegal. The world’s most nutritious foods. Saving the children from the Holocaust – 60 Minutes archive. Overtime with Bill Maher is back with some opinions.

Have a great week everyone!

Strega

Thanks Reg!

Autumn
    Participant

A Florida House committee passed a bill seeking to ban discussions of sexuality and gender identity in schools.

From the article:

“This bill is about defending the most awesome responsibility a person can have: being a parent,” Florida state Rep. Joe Harding (R), who first introduced the bill, said Thursday. “That job can only be given to you by above.”

Look, I don’t want to judge his sex life, but this just isn’t correct. You can get pregnant doing it from all positions or even without having sex at all. If missionary’s your deal, cool, but the sperm doesn’t have to come from above. Actually, now that I think about it, missionary feels closer to lateral with the way things align. We might need to break out the Kama Sutra.

I would  not recommend that those students migrate to Oklahoma with the shit they are proposing there!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Autumn,

It sounds to me like Joe Harding is saying that all pregnancies are Immaclate. If that were the case, then what makes Mary or Jesus so special? 😁

By the way, anybody who says pregancy is Immaculate or “The customer is always right” has never watched a natural childbirth video. Nothing that comes out of a womb is ever immaculate or right. 🤢

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

The story from Missouri is exceptionally disappointing. Missouri was the birthplace of great American Skeptic Samuel Clemmens a.k.a. Mark Twain and Missouri is officially known as “The ‘Show-Me’ State.” Yet this awful attutude against Atheism prevails there.

I’ve joked that if Protestantism had representation in the United Nations that was equivalent to Vatican City, it would probably be the Ambassador from Branson, Missouri, the Mecca of Gospel and Contemporary Christian Music.

Autumn
    Participant

Autumn, It sounds to me like Joe Harding is saying that all pregnancies are Immaclate. If that were the case, then what makes Mary or Jesus so special?

Marketing.

@Enco – Good point about the “Show-Me” State. Atheist Ireland were the first advocacy group to represent the concerns of atheists at the UN back in 2016. They are still putting in the hard work.

(I fixed the double posting for you).

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Secular Americans and Secular people in general are allies in any fight for Justice on Earth and in the Natural Universe…with the proviso that Justice attached to an adjective is no Justice at all.

Also, contrary to the article, support for the Black Lives Matter Organization is not a barometer of support for Justice, especially in light of BLM being revealed as a big grift:

BLM’s Millions Go Unaccounted For After Leaders Quietly Jump Ship
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/blms-millions-go-unaccounted-for-after-leaders-quietly-jump-ship

The BLM Mystery: Where Did the Money Go?
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/black-lives-matter-finances.html

$60 Million Dollars could have helped free a lot of wrongly accused or free victims of “The War On (Some) Drugs” or campaign for drug legalization and police reforms like civilian review boards, ending qualified immunity, and breaking up police unions who back up incompetant, brutal officers.

Instead, these funds have gone to provide mansions for the Marxist founders and who knows what other luxuries.

Autumn
    Participant

Reg, Secular Americans and Secular people in general are allies in any fight for Justice on Earth and in the Natural Universe…with the proviso that Justice attached to an adjective is no Justice at all. Also, contrary to the article, support for the Black Lives Matter Organization is not a barometer of support for Justice, especially in light of BLM being revealed as a big grift:

There is the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation (a 501(c)(3) organization), and there is the broader Black Lives Matter sociopolitical movement.

It’s best not to conflate the latter with the former though they obviously are related.

jakelafort
    Participant

Pope, ya forgot the chianti with the fava beans.

Me luv fava beans. They grow here in CT but only a few weeks each year to harvest em. The ones in a can i have found blech.

Fava beans were a staple on some slave ships. So ya know they’re top draw.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.