Sunday School

Sunday School April 19th 2020

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

A virus that hits all faiths tests religion’s tie to science. It would help if the people in charge were not looking forward to the end of the world, including those whose claim that “my first calling is to my Savior” and not the Constitution.

We also need a cure to halt the spread of the Christian privilege pandemic. The current lock down should help with that too as theists isolate themselves from the effects of religious group polarization. Reality requires we take a “cold bath view” of the natural world and no amount of Magical Thinking will improve our situation. I knew it would not be long before a theist blamed our lack of belief in their imaginary god for the virus. No god will stop the virus. Thankfully, people like Gov. Laura Kelly understand that “This is not about religion. This is about a public health crisis”.

There is hope for the future too as atheists are the most politically active group in the United States.

Ken Ham and Pat Robertson trash talk is hilarious.

This weeks’ Woo: Boosting your immune system bull.

Climate Crisis News: Nature always wins.

What day is it today?

Anthropologists describe the first skeleton of a Homo naledi child.

Who is Soheil Arabi?

Anti-vaxxers appear to think differently than others, research suggests.

Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity is not only true, it is precisely true.

How many galaxies are there?

No, senator, science can’t do away with models.

11 Free online courses you might like to consider.

Museums you can visit from your couch.

Take a tour of the world from your couch.

Long Reads: What a load of Christian Malarkey. Stop Covid or save the economy? We can do both. Diary of an E.R. doctor in New York.

If you are going for a walk today then read this first.

This week I am reading this book: The Beekeeper of Aleppo.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video: Christopher Hitchens and Rabbi Shmuley Boteach Debate on God.  What can a game of ping pong teach us about life? Michael Shermer on the Politics of Belief.

Have a great week everyone!

_Robert_
    Participant

“They say that the infection will spread if you gather at a mosque, this is false,” Saad told worshippers. “If you die by coming to the mosque, then this is the best place to die.”

Well now there is an fine example: the rationality level of a religious leader. Thanks Reg, happy Sunday all.

Yes indeed Robert. I have also heard reports that many Muslims refuse to use hand sanitizer gels that contain alcohol. In other words, any effective medical one. (Unconfirmed report).

_Robert_
    Participant

Oh Lord yeah…!

On Monday, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said calls about poisonings with cleaners and disinfectants had increased more than 20% in the first three months of 2020 — as coronavirus cleaning increased — than from the same period a year earlier. Among cleaners, bleaches accounted for the largest percentage increase in calls from 2019 to 2020.

source

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.