Sunday School

Sunday School March 31th 2019

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Noel 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Take this quiz first before reading about a new Pew Research survey that shows Americans are smart about Science.

As a rule anti-indoctrination bills are not needed when it comes to science education but exceptions should be made where necessary. Bills that allow discrimination in colleges are certainly not needed.

The British Home Office claims the Bible proves that Christianity is not a peaceful religion. The Church of England, founded on the morals of King Henry the 8th, is not happy with people who pick and choose arbitrary verses!!

One thing common to most religions is the sexual abuse of children, almost as if it is a requirement. The Jehovah Witnesses are no exception. Orthodox Jews just want to inspect girls’ panties.

The advancement of religion should be scrapped as a charitable purpose, the National Secular Society has claimed.

Quebec’s religious symbol ban targets minorities in the name of secularism.

In Australia the State of Victoria opens the way for secular or atheist school chaplains

This weeks’ Woo: I’m a spoon bender, a twisted spoon bender.

Climate Change: Senator Mike Lee has a solution.

Congratulation to Zuzana Caputova on becoming Slovakia’s first female president.

Can you handle another Jordan Peterson article? I mean it has been almost a year!

The Chicxulub asteroid impact: Stunning fossils record dinosaurs’ demise. Will humanity go the way of the dinosaurs?

Fat, not meat, may have led to bigger Hominin brains.

Are we close to solving the puzzle of consciousness?

Is particle physics not seeing any new light?

The Brave New World of Sex Robots.

Long Reads: Vape Nation.

This week I am reading this book: These Truths by Jill Lepore.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video: Two Ted Talks: Imagine what we might learn if we could hear bacteria speak? Making mistakes is the secret to scientific discovery.

Have a great week everyone!!

A person full of faith is simply one who has lost the capacity for clear and realistic thought.

Henry Mencken

Noel
    Participant

Thanks Reg.

“The advancement of religion should be scrapped as a charitable purpose, the National Secular Society has claimed.”

At least England didn’t follow Americas lead and allow the Church of Scientology (Don’t know about  the Jedi Order) charitable tax status. Still, if the USA had the 13 Charitable Purposes Act I would think religion would be in a world of shit here.In the USA religion practices all of these: “gay conversion therapy”, infant circumcision, “highly politicised” or hold extremist views. Politicians don’t even hide the fact that they support this nonsense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.