Sunday School

Sunday School May 24th 2020

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Is choosing a religious affiliation on a survey just an exercise in placing oneself in social space?

The White House press secretary thinks prayer made a difference in the 2016 election. The real reason for Trump’s demand to re-open churches. Not all religious leaders are in agreement with opening them yet.

Religious exemptions are gutting civil rights protections, advocacy groups warn. What about religious freedom after Trump?

I had a good socially distanced laugh with my Moldovan atheist neighbors yesterday.

An atheist keeps the fast at Ramadan.

I, Pastafari review, inside the Church of the FSM.

This weeks’ Woo: Don’t believe what you think. It could be a SCAM. This device is not a scam!

Climate Crisis: Carbon emissions during the pandemic.

How much of your body is your own? Would you like it to have an “immunity passport”?

Seven traits of conspiratorial thinking.

Understanding radicalization and building resilience to counteract polarization.

Social identity threat predicts the concealment of non-religious identity.

How non-religious worldviews provide solace in times of crisis (because they deal with reality?).

Do we really want our robots to have consciousness?

Are there laws of history?

Long Reads: Conspiracy theories are a pre-existing condition to pandemic reactions. Inside Trump’s coronavirus meltdown. Can we escape from information overload?

Neutrinos are the most puzzling of particles.

This week I am reading this book: Galileo and the Science Deniers.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video: The importance of knowing you might be wrong. There is more to life than being happy.

Have a great week everyone!

Sorry, just noticed that the post was not linked to the Sunday School forum.

Strega

Thanks Reg!

Just come back from my neighbors. They invited me over to partake in some of the savory foods left over from their celebration of Eid (end of Ramadan).  They know I am an atheist as I once told the Mormons that they would appreciate a visit. I later told them that I suggested that the Mormons call to them. We became good neighbors after that 🙂

_Robert_
    Participant

I had a good socially distanced laugh with my Moldovan atheist neighbors yesterday.

https://balkaninsight.com/2020/05/20/moldovan-church-denounces-covid-vaccine-as-anti-christian-plot/?

“Vaccination introduces nanoparticles into the body that react to the waves transmitted by 5G technology and allow the system to control humans remotely,” the Church statement said.

WTF is wrong with these people?

_Robert_
    Participant

Krill met the Cuddly One in 2016, the first time in 1,000 years the 2 Popes met.

The Evolution Exposed would be a great comedy event if only so many people were not so deluded by religion. They are liars for Jesus and their bank accounts. I find him abhorrent.

WTF is wrong with these people?

They are religious and have power.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.