Sunday School

Sunday School September 11th 2022

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Justice Alito’s views on religious faith cloud the neutrality of the Supreme Court.

‘Unexplained questions’ around new young people prayer poll.

Islamic singer kills his parents over alleged blasphemy against the dead Prophet Muhammad.

These Christian hate-preachers need to pull themselves together.

Knipperdolling pathetic arguments of the week.

The abortion debate has everything to do with religious freedom.

World of Woo:  The truth about the Myers–Briggs personality test.

Environment: The Great Glacier Thaw.

I guess nobody is too surprised that the Chinese Ministry of Truth is now jailing schoolteachers for reading the wrong type of books. Soon these extremists will further curtail their own citizens freedoms and ban them from even getting hold of certain books. OMG, you can’t write that!

The race to find 2,100 missing species before they go extinct.

Radiocarbon dating only works half the time – we may have found the solution.

A slight genetic mutation had a huge impact on human brain evolution but how do fundamental particles create consciousness?

Art made with Artificial Intelligence wins at State Fair. Wait until Stable Diffusion becomes ubiquitous!

Long Reads: I am fully prepared for the Spanish Inquisition or anything else. What the Left keeps getting wrong about Ukraine.

Podcast: Philosophy and the Good Life.

Sunday Book Club:  The Book of Minds.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video:  Where are Trump’s LAWYERS? What if the Hilbert Hotel ran out of room? A Saudi, an Indian and an Iranian walk into a Qatari bar.

Have a great week everyone!

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”

― Joseph Brodsky.

“Don’t join the book burners. Don’t think you’re going to conceal faults by concealing evidence that they ever existed. Don’t be afraid to go in your library and read every book…”

― Dwight D. Eisenhower.

“If you can’t say “Fuck” you can’t say, “Fuck the government.”

― Lenny Bruce.

_Robert_
    Participant

Reg, I got here somehow, but at first the links appeared to be broken..

Strega

Thanks, Reg!!

Strange one that. I have tested several and can’t find any problems. Let me know if there is a specific link that is not working. Maybe Jesus is just screwing around with us.

Strega

Actually Reg, I couldn’t find this instalment of Sunday School until Robert posted his comment.

Sunday School Sept 11th did not appear on the Sunday School forum page at all.

I guess I’d never realised how much else the Queen was responsible for until now. 😉

I’m sure the Queen is up there looking down on all of us.

Bill Maher said that Elton John wrote a new song about her. It’s called “Mustard in the Fridge”.

She did actually meet me once in London.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Sunday School is back!!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

I hope you caught my comments on the Queen in the updates. While a head-scratcher, Elton’s “Mustard in the Fridge” is a sharp contrast to all the people who were singing “Anticipation”. 😉

So, what words did Her Majesty have for you? “Supper’s ready?”

Two words about the words of Daniel Adams and Vlad Saychuk: If only… 😁

Vlad’s demons seem especially easy to please as well. Just every three weeks, huh? Hmmm…😋

The Big Tech Preppers have some marvelous set-ups, but they would be even more well-off if they encouraged their employees, contractors, shareholders, and customers to practice Survivalism and Preparedness on every scale available to them. Even if you can’t afford a mega-complex, I’ve found a utility room without windows in an apartment makes a great “panic room.” Prepping is really a can’t-lose proposition for everybody. Best-case scenario, you eat. Worst-case scenario, you eat. And everyone involved in your enterprise is around for the success and to keep the success going! 👍👍👍👍👍

The Knipperdolling list reminded me of an insight of Writer-Philosopher-Longshoreman Eric Hoffer: “The opposite of the religious fanatic is not the Atheist fanatic, but the gentle cynic who cares not whether there’s a god or not.”. May the people in that list always stay gentle cynics!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.