Sunday School

Sunday School September 1st 2019

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Holier than thou Robert Jeffress tells Faux & Fiends that secularism will lead to barbarianism.

Mike Pence understands the Constitution to mean that he may not give favor to any religion except his own. The statehouse in Pennsylvania will give thanks to their god for the special privilege to discriminate against other citizens.

The DNC embraces nonreligious voters at its annual summer meeting.

The Catholic Church demands that an atheist resign for using her right to free speech to mock them.

Kim Davis, a role model for many Christians, has been properly bench-slapped for her blatant violation of the US Constitution. But now we have to endure the spawn of the Davis.

The Dominionists have found their Chosen One as Project Blitz continues to influence government policy and whose members have lost judicial respect for the First Amendment. Would the religious take advantage of such privileges? To be fair, not all of them will.

This weeks Woo: How many angels sit atop of an acupuncturists’ needle?

Climate Crisis: Hundreds of young people join Greta Thunberg in climate protest outside UN in New York.

Why renouncing your religion in Saudi Arabia can be deadly.

Who did those old atheists think they were when they refused to make sacrifices to the gods?

The Ten Commitments of Humanism.

There is no magic button to eliminate zero-risk biased thinking.

Why do people believe in curses?

Humans today are mosaics, our genomes rich tapestries of interwoven ancestries which do not follow a linear path. We will continue to dig to discover more…because we are such an intelligent species!!

Many moons ago I wrote about looking forward to the launch of the JWST which will reveal many more of them.

While I am not a “string theorist” it is worth understanding. There are always new ideas to consider.

Long Read: How the west fell for manufactured rage of immigration panic.

This week I am reading this book: The Sense of Style by Steven Pinker.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video:  Bill Maher on Kim Davis and other Christian mascots. Was this a prophetic speech by Elizabeth Warren? Randy Rainbow new parody. Microorganisms: The Future of Food, Fuel and Pharmaceuticals with Michael Sulu. TedTalk: How climate change affects your mental health.

Have a great week everyone!!

“One day when I was praying, it suddenly occurred to me that I was talking to myself.”

–          Peter O’Toole.

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

_Robert_
    Participant

Heading away from the coast to an hotel in Orlando tonight. I have a bit of PTSD from Andrew and I just can’t imagine risking this bastard here on the coast.

Good move Robert.

Jody Lee
    Participant

I’m a few days late but good reads, Reg.

Stay safe,  Robert.  I imagine the Bahamas have seen enough of Dorian.

Thanks for the feedback Jody Lee. It’s an exam free school with no official hours!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.