A Better Place

Homepage Forums Atheism A Better Place

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

Had a rush of suicides and sudden deaths locally. Just about everyone says “he/she is in a better place”.  I just wanna ask where exactly do you suppose that is? The beloved dead are “looking down” on us. I wanna tell them the earth is spinning you morons, there is no ‘down’. Even people who accept evolution believe in “heaven”. Unless single celled animals go to heaven as well there had to be a cutoff for eligibility , right? If an Australopithecus saw the light in a prophetic moment does that count? Adult Children. “Rest in Peace”…right…

JadeBlackOlive
    Participant

Bull feathers! We got the same nonsense when my in-laws died, & all I could think of was what the heck is better than the life they loved, & had the great time with every day?

_Robert_
    Participant

I was watching a rerun of some sort of John Lennon tribute. Sir Paul was looking up and talking to John as did several other musicians. I thought it was a bit ironic considering the lyrics to John’s song “Imagine”.

Unseen
    Participant

Want to know what death is? Anyone who’s been under general anesthesia knows what it’s like.

You go under and an operation happens that could take 15 minutes or five hours, but when you wake up, no time has passed. During the duration of the operation you effectively ceased to exist. You experienced brain death. Being truly dead is the same.

Only you don’t wake up.

_Robert_
    Participant

Just get a drink from the mini-bar down in the Dominican Republic and complete knowledge will be yours!

If you have too many slices of lemon with those drinks you could end up in a bitter place.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.