Cats: Scourge or Blight

Homepage Forums Science Cats: Scourge or Blight

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jakelafort 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

8 lives to go. My uncle Charlie didn’t care for cats. He used to say real men kick cats when the women aren’t looking. Then again Charlie didn’t care for much of anything. He was a muscle bound intimidating pro boxer with a crooked nose so no one really complained about his attitude to his face directly.

There is a certain sector of folks who really hate cats for some reason. Myself, I really don’t care for much dogs. I just think they are a pain in the ass to deal with all day long. I also note that some very obnoxious people are real big into dogs. If no one cares for you at least a dog will love you. A cat, maybe or maybe not, LOL.

PopeBeanie

at around 00:18

Yeah, I saw that too, but the fangs seemed to have missed, unless it was in between video frames. But it did look like like a lucky/accidental inch to the snake’s right would have been fatal for the cat, and/or both of them.

My question is, WHY? Surely the cat had a choice, so was it just for fun, or to catch food? It could be that house cats grow up far more comfortable than is good for them!

PopeBeanie

Just as he was about to swipe the bird I clapped my hands and the bird escaped.

and then

The upshot was he now left all his “presents” in his own garden.

Maybe he/she realized later that you saved it from a very slobly, uncomfortable fall, and it’s finally time to forego some calories.

Unseen
    Participant

8 lives to go. My uncle Charlie didn’t care for cats. He used to say real men kick cats when the women aren’t looking. Then again Charlie didn’t care for much of anything. He was a muscle bound intimidating pro boxer with a crooked nose so no one really complained about his attitude to his face directly. There is a certain sector of folks who really hate cats for some reason. Myself, I really don’t care for much dogs. I just think they are a pain in the ass to deal with all day long. I also note that some very obnoxious people are real big into dogs. If no one cares for you at least a dog will love you. A cat, maybe or maybe not, LOL.

This idea that cats are sissy pets gets under my skin. Guys are more likely to like guns, scary knives, fighting and killing, and general mayhem, which to me indicates that cats are the better match. Dogs are social parasites who ingratiate themselves by mimicking our facial expressions and acting like “house n*gg**s,” eager to do whatever we want them to do. Professional sycophants.

By contrast, cats are stone cold killers who do only WTF they feel like doing if you like it or don’t. My little kitty is on the alert for anything in her purview she might kill. She will actually chase a fruit fly around my apartment hoping for a chance to kill it.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Unseen.

Davis
    Participant

By contrast, cats are stone cold killers who do only WTF they feel like doing if you like it or don’t. My little kitty is on the alert for anything in her purview she might kill. She will actually chase a fruit fly around my apartment hoping for a chance to kill it.

Yeah because when you come home from work, you don’t want your buddy to jump around excited to see you. You wanna see your free loading flat mate chase after a housefly.

Unseen
    Participant

Yeah because when you come home from work, you don’t want your buddy to jump around excited to see you. You wanna see your free loading flat mate chase after a housefly.

My little feline waits for me by the door and does a little celebration show, first by stretching and then running to her scratching post and tearing into it. No, she doesn’t jump on me and I’m happy for that.

PopeBeanie

She will actually chase a fruit fly around my apartment hoping for a chance to kill it.

A truly sincere, egalitarian treatment of all life forms, including (it seems) the venomous and large clawed and toothed.

Jody Lee
    Participant

My cold-hearted killer. Mace Windu. She can kill a wasp in one swift wipe and can purr you a lullaby while stretched over your knee.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Jody Lee.

Unseen
    Participant

Mine is named Squeaky:

Jody Lee
    Participant

Squeaky is a beaut. Those white whiskers really stand out.

_Robert_
    Participant

Yeah she is and your lil green-eyed lady is cute too !

Our cat is kinda ugly. just doesn’t fit in with the pride..

The best thing about living in an atheist household is that every day feels like a Sunday. Ah, my own Italian leather couch. Now, if the fool would only hurry up with my chicken fillet.

Jody Lee
    Participant

@robert

She’s adorable…those ears!!! I have two rabbits,  Hazelrah and Clover…from Watership Down.

@Reg, that’s the life! I think I’d very much enjoy being a cat.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Jody Lee.

jakelafort
    Participant

Reg, is that a coon cat?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.