How Is Christianity NOT Polytheism?

Homepage Forums Theism How Is Christianity NOT Polytheism?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 2 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

@dave, We hear what you are saying     in art, literature and mainstream Christian beliefs but it does not jive with the original manuscript. Let’s do a thought experiment, what does this verse mean to you:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.-Matt 10:28

• This reply was modified 3 days, 7 hours ago by  michael17.

Humans do not have souls.

michael17
    Participant

@Reg You are correct. We do not have souls  as it’s been defined in art, literature and mainstream Christianity. The Greek word that has been rendered soul is nepresh has no spiritual connotation let alone separate from the body. It simply means having the breath of life from God that returns to God. Even plants and animals have the breath of life. But this breath of life  makes your psyche and body alive. Psyche has also been rendered soul. But your Psyche can only become immortal through the rebirth. Your psyche becomes inmortal, but remains naked after you die and joins with Christ. But the unsaved don’t have immortal psyches. Their psyches are destroyed in Gehenna which is Hellfire.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by  michael17.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 6 hours ago by  michael17.

Michael, my psyche (naked or not) will never join with Christ. That would be my vision of Hell. Do I still get a “second birth” to be told that I am unsaved? Am I going to be somehow corporeally reunited with my body as it was before I died?  Could the unsaved just be allowed to have their psyches burnt in hellfire after their first death? If Christ already knows I am not going to be saved why would he need to give me a “second birth” to tell me I am not getting in to Heaven when I was already dead from my first death. “I brought you back from the dead to tell you that I am going to burn your psyche to death”. Would it not be easier just to introduce himself to me now so I could tell him that I don’t want to get into Heaven? Of course if he already knows this He must be a bit of a sadist to still go through with it. Just kill me once and leave me (the hell) alone after that. If not sit and spin on this! When the music is over just turn out the lights.

PopeBeanie

[..] it does not jive with the original manuscript

That was just a first draft.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.